Reviews: Rtjhunt9589

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 70

Holo Family House

Taipei, Taiwan

Great central location. Just a warning about the free breakfast. I had put the relishes and quartered eggs in with my rice porridge and was surprised to find out that it was a crunchy meal because the quartered hardboiled eggs still had their shells on them. I had a late flight the day I left and they not only let me store my bags there, but when I returned late afternoon, they gave me a fresh towel and let me take a shower before I headed to the airport.

I was pleased that it was located near the Beauty Solitary Park and the walking street area. The restaurant there provided good meals.

Bamboo House Hotel

Yangshuo, China

La em Casa Hostel

Ouro Preto, Brazil

The staff was very helpful with suggestions on what to see in and around Ouro Preto. The bathrooms were spotlessly clean and the shower was hot. The breakfasts were tasty with the usual ham cheese in a roll heated in the panini grill along with some great homemade granola and fruit, and fruit juice with tasty drip coffee. One suggestion is for them to add CNN international to their TV choices.

HI AmazĂ´nia

Belem, Brazil

It is a beautiful old building, the showers were hot and the dorm room was comfortable. it had enough plugs for us to recharge our electronics. The staff was extremely helpful to a woman from Holland who had just arrived and learned that her ATM card had been cloned at an ATM machine in the Rio Airport. She had little money left and her card was cancelled. The staff let her use the phone to contact her bank and the Dutch Consulate as well as her mother so she could get money.

Backpackers Ceara

Fortaleza, Brazil

Great location and easy to find. The staff was very friendly as we're the other travelers.

Cosmopolitan Hostel

Recife, Brazil

Barra Beach Club Oceanfront Hostel

Florianopolis, Brazil

Despite three days of rain while there, it was a great place to stay. The rooms and sheets were changed daily, the lockers were ample for my pack and sturdy locking hinges improved security. Lots of plugs to recharge your electronic stuff in the dorms as well as up at the bar area. Showers were hot with places to hang your clothes and it was clean. The breakfasts were good with coffee, fruit smoothies, 3-4 fresh cut fruits, breads, jams and meat and cheese. Dinners were a tasty value.

Iguassu Guest House

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

The cleanest hostel I have visited in over 100 days of traveling. the showers were hot and spotless. The cleaning crew was even scrubbing the grout in the LR area. Breaksfast were amazing with selections of fresh fruit, meat, cheese and hot quiche along with beverages. Carlos was very helpful suggesting best ways to tour the Argentine side on Sun. So a group of us had a great time there. the pool and Pep's bar was a plus along with having it so,close to the local bus station.

Albergue Vila Carioca Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Very easy to find this well situated and quiet hostel. the staff was very helpful and friendly. they helped me book a city tour as well as a favela tour that proved to be the highlight of my Rio experience. easy to get around by metro from there. they have some good street side restaurants around too. glad to have the A/C in the dorms for muggy nights.