AAE Bourbon House Hostel

New Orleans, USA

We really loved the staff, the location, the security. We got great recommendations from everyone who worked there. I can't remember names, but one guy told me all the best bike routes, another sent us to Bywater, and another found my phone after check out and held it for me. Perfect location for exploring by bike. Room near door was loud at night, so earplugs are worth it. Bathrooms in the back part are better. Pretty clean for a hostel with sheets and blankets provided.

I paid for wi-fi because I was under a deadline while traveling. It did not work. The staff tried to help me find somewhere else, but there aren't a lot of options for people without German sim cards. If it happens to you, try Grand Cafe. There's a bar downstairs with a good happy hour. Wish the dorm bathrooms were stocked with communal soap. Because this is one of the more affordable, bigger hostels in Munich, you definitely meet a variety of people here with different ages, backgrounds, etc.

Galata West

Istanbul, Turkey

Great clean, bright space with a rooftop terrace in walking distance of lots of sites, cafes, shops, etc. Bathrooms and kitchens cleaned daily. Staff is really nice, met us at the metro station when we got lost. Free breads & spreads breakfast. Windy stairs, but that's what the buildings are like in Galata! Really great base camp for Istanbul.

Red Palm

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Loved Red Palm! Excellent location, great lounge, super friendly staff, right next to food paradise. Great backpacker hostel.

Sunflower Place Silom

Bangkok, Thailand

We have stayed in Sunflower a couple times in Bangkok and it offers everything we want: security, aircon, TVs with chinese game shows, and a super helpful staff. The area around the place is full of delicious street food and is quite close to Patpong and the BTS.

The Urban Age

Bangkok, Thailand

The Urban Age totally saved our butts after we had to unexpectedly stay in Bangkok for a night, even after I BOOKED THE WRONG DAY. It wasn't a problem. The Urban Age is your basic, no frills hostel with friendly service and an excellent location. They may not serve breakfast, but one of the best parts about staying in Silom is all of the street food nearby. Get some grilled bananas and eat them with the complimentary tea in the hostel!

HI-Sukhumvit

Bangkok, Thailand

We stayed at the hostel for one night before heading to the airport, and it was everything we needed. Great bookshelves, clean rooms, hot water, and a taxi arranged for 3 am the next morning! The staff worked with our kind of needy travel arrangements and seemed happy to do it. Close to some great street food and the BTS, too.

PP BackPackers

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

We stayed for four nights at PP's and loved every second! Nestled in the backpacker area, it was quiet and close to your basic backpacker amenities as well as some great tiny noodle shops. It was walking distance from the market and big city attractions like the Opera House. Very clean and an excellent value for money. Staff arranged several affordable tours and mailed my postcards for me!

Sunflower Hotel Hoi An

Hoi An, Vietnam

Clean, cheap, pool, breakfast, and $5/day motorbikes for rent. Just book it.

Golden Time Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Loved this place. A quick walk to the hustle and bustle of the old city without touristy inundation. Close to lake, French quarter, etc. Booked a cruise with them (Ha Long Dolphin) that was good. Great staff.