Yes! Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Great facilities: beds, showers, and toilets were all new and clean. Good location, close to everything and on a quiet street. Seemed like a great place for social interaction (though I had a flight at 7am the next day so didn't participate). I don't understand why, but I think 90% of the people staying there were Australian. If partying is your thing and you don't want to sacrifice a nice bed or facilities, Yes! is the place for you.

Travellers House

Lisbon, Portugal

Amazing hostel! During our 4 week tour around europe this hostel was easily the best. The staff was wonderful and their hospitality is unmatched. We arrived early, and left late and during both times they were fine with us hanging out at the hostel. I seriously felt at home. The beds felt new and sturdy, air conditioning in the room, homemade breakfast included, and every evening activity was great especially the night we went to a fado show. They even lent us beach towels at no charge. :)

Balmers Herberge

Interlaken, Switzerland

Too many people, poor toilets and showers spread across the hostel like a maze, and the beds were just plain awful. Those mattresses must be over 10 years old.

Hostel Miran

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

I think we had a different experience because we rented out the private two bed room which was located in a different building across the small street. The owner was a bit upset with us however because we didn´t arrive until 2am and woke him up. He seemed like a great guy and his tour sounded awesome, but we had to get back to Dubrovnik for a flight. If you are going to Croatia next, don´t mention it to them, I´m pretty sure they don´t like them so much.

Montenegro Freedom Hostel

Budva, Montenegro

Absolutely loved the Freedom hostel. The staff had excellent hospitality and they were sincerely kind people who were interested in their guests. They hung out with us, cooked us dinner, and were easy to talk to. The location is pretty good, as it´s only a 3 minute walk to the grocery store, 5 minute walk from the bus station, and about a 30 minute walk to the really nice beaches. Let me warn you though...if you plan on going to one of the horrible beach clubs, bring ear plugs!

Hostel Villa Angelina Old Town

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Great location as it´s inside the walls, next to an amazing BBQ place, and it´s relatively cheap for Dubrovnik. Facilities could be better, 3 showers and only 2 toilets...however waiting wasn´t a problem for our stay. The downstairs kitchen is laid out well and is comfortable, but I think they could improve their patio outside. It´s okay, but it would be more inviting if it was cleaner, orderly, and more comfortable seats were provided.

Bada Bing Hostel Istanbul

Istanbul, Turkey

Even though they were undergoing heavy renovation during our stay, I would still recommend Bada Bing. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

Be Sound Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Decent for what it is. If you want to party and be close to all the tourists and La Rambles, then it's a great stay. Unfortunately we had some dumb Aussie break a bottle of booze in our room and throw a few over the balcony. If that's what you are looking for, then I'd recommend this hostel.

Snuffel Backpacker Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

Only negative is having to walk through the bar to get to the shower...but that adds to the character! Everything else was great. Met a ton of locals at the bar, and the location is great as it only takes 5 minutes to be in the central square. Would definitely come back and recommend.

International Budget Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Jaeger's Munich

Munich, Germany

If you want to drink, go out and party, and not have to hassle to find your hostel after arriving from the train...Jaegers is PERFECT. We stayed in a 40 person dorm, and luckily our beds were in the very back, so we had no problems with taking naps in the afternoon, or falling asleep at 2am. The bar upstairs is a plus, so is the free wifi. Could use more showers and stalls, but hey, you get what you pay for. Good for backpackers on the cheap.

Antico Capon

Venice, Italy

Wonderful location! Away from the tourists, but close enough to all the spots. My friend and I ended up wanting to stay in the local Piazza instead of joining the rest of the minions at the famous and overpriced places. The room we stayed in had its own bathroom and shower, so that was a plus.

Casa Gracia Barcelona Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Absolutely loved this hostel. The beds were sturdy and even though I jumped up on the top bunk at 4am, I didn't wake up the person on the lower one because the bed didn't shake : ) . When we stayed there they were having an art show, so that just added to the character. I enjoyed the location because it was away from the overwhelming amount of tourists that plague the Gothic and Rambles area. The metro is only a 3 minute walk, and La Sagrada Familia is about a 20 min walk away.