Reviews: zoelongbottom1808

Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 23

Rest Up London

• 29th Aug 2014

Clink78

Sheets dirty, rooms too small and cramped, seems like everything has gone out of the window since I last stayed

Hi there, thank you for your feedback! We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with the hostel. We have a 24/7 reception to report any sort of problems, change the bed for you for example :) We hope to see you again and change your mind :) Have a safe trip! Anna

Equity Point London

Hotel Central

Casablanca, Morocco

Clink78

Feel Hostels City Center

Malaga, Spain

There were some very scratchy sounding noises coming from the ceiling...I dreaded to think what they were

Very good value for London, however, not the best location for London - very well linked by Underground, just not the safest of areas. My main complaint was the way the staff acted towards me - I felt very left out as a Brit staying in the hostel, I was spoken to in a very patronising manner, it was as if I was less entitled to be there than others who may have travelled further. Also, not impressed that you have to pay for lockers - I don't feel it's fair to have them on the check-list.

I found this a little on the expensive side but I suppose that could have been down to it being France, or it being the only Youth Hostel in the area. As I arrived late the only way to get to the hostel was by Taxi - if it had been during the day though I would still have had to take a taxi some of the way to the airport. Rooms were very spacious and well-furnished, some newer than others, good facilities. Very quiet, not much to do apart from watch TV and one computer with Internet access.

3BE Backpackers Bed

Eindhoven, Netherlands

I cannot really complain - the location was a bit far from the centre, but very easy to find and well connected by bus to the bus station and city centre. I only stayed here as a quick stop before a flight, sadly I didn't get to enjoy the Hostel or Eindhoven any longer!

Stone Hotel & Hostel

Utrecht, Netherlands

Very friendly staff, great facilities - was very quiet, but I suppose that can be expected in a small town on a Sunday in November!

Hostel Utopia

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The rooms did not appear to have been refurbished in months if not years. The security lockers were all broken, as were some windows, many fixtures and fittings were rusty, there were unsafe staircases that were badly kept. No communal areas, except for the "coffee shop" which appears to be the only pull of the place, despite the location, and believe it or not, not everyone goes to Amsterdam to get stoned. Very unimpressed, worst hostel I have ever stayed in, in any country.

Everton Hostel

Liverpool, England

The location was rather bizarre - it seemed like a relatively residential area, but I wouldn't feel safe were I travelling alone. I out down the relatively poor value and location to the fact that costs are higher in the UK than in the majority of places I would usually stay in hostels. It was also a rather cold night's stay for July. I only stayed for one night, but was very impressed with what my room included, and would recommend as there are few alternatives - but I suppose I did pay for it.

Meiga Backpackers

Santiago de Compostela, Spain

It wasn't quite so central as I first thought, but enjoyed being able to wander. To call it "walking distance" to the centre would be pushing it, but there was definitely good public transport, if you get the right bus... Shopping centre was in walking distance, and there were a few traditional bars and places to eat nearby, however I'm not sure how much someone who doesn't speak Spanish/Gallego would cope. People staying long-term in the hostel did not mix with others, seemed rather cliquey.

Old Centre Hostel

Alicante, Spain

This was a very last minute arrangement and I was very happy I made it. People were very friendly, I met lots of other people who were travelling and saw the Fogueres de San Joan bonfires, one which was right outside the hostel, in one of the main squares. Although the room I stayed in and the hostel were quite small, the staff were very friendly and willing to help you with absolutely anything they can. I couldn't recommend any higher!