Location: Australian, Age: 40

Birmingham Central Backpackers

Birmingham, England

My stay here was awful. I was put in a room in a building next door to the hostel. My room initially had no heating. I stayed in a single room and it was not clean. The curtains were thin and manky, the wall had a horrible brown mark on it, the bed was lumpy and the bedding was too worn. There was a massive spider in one of the corners of the room. The staff didn't know what the NEC area was - strange as it is on the website. Filthy communal toilet. Nightclub noise until 4am! And more...

• 8th Nov 2013

Casa Bombo

Granada, Spain

Amazing views of the Alhambra, great location, friendly staff! A bit tricky to find at first but once you know where it is, it's fine! I would definitely stay again.

• 12th May 2013

Traveler's Inn Seville

Seville, Spain

Great characterful hostel. Fab roof terrace. The staff here were great and friendly. The hostel organises lots of activities which looked great but I didn't stay here long enough to take part. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 11th May 2013

Grande Hostel de Coimbra

Coimbra, Portugal

This hostel was an ok place to spend one night, it was clean and the staff were friendly. It doesn't have a sign outside though, so make sure you take the number with you. It is well located for the University and the rest of the town.

Albatross

Newcastle upon Tyne, England

This is not a place for people travelling on their own who want to meet other travellers or those who want a decent sleep. I got about 2 hours sleep all night because of all the drunken lunatics up making noise, yelling and screaming all night. I got my money back and went to the YHA hostel instead which was much better.

A&O Hamburg Hammer Kirche

Hamburg, Germany

Very clean and very warm. Not badly located. A good place for a short stay. I do think that if all the dorm beds had been full that it would have been quite a tight sqeeze in the room though.

Brilliant fun, friendly place to stay :-)

Hatters on Newton Street

Manchester, England

Clean, nice hostel. My room was near the bathroom and I was kept awake most of the night by the noisy squeaky bathroom door which was constantly opening and closing. The hostel is also on a fairly busy road with heaps of sirens going by etc. The hostel itself was good though.

Stayokay Rotterdam

Rotterdam, Netherlands

The breakfast was amazing!!!