Reviews: FleurWiber

Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 25

Kipps Brighton

Brighton, England

This place was great. The staff were super helpful and nice. I had a private room but it was very affordable. When they cleaned the room, they made an extra effort for it to be nice and there were things for guests like a toothbrush and toothpaste etc. I honestly can't think of anything that could do with improving (and I'm a harsh critic) so stay there!

• 14th Apr 2013

Journeys Brighton Hostel

Brighton, England

I didn't like the setup of the room because you didn't really ave any space. The heating wasn't very good. The room smelt a bit. The bathroom was dirty. The key code to my door didn't work properly (for anyone) apparently there was some special way of opening the door that none of us could get !?

• 13th Apr 2013

The Dictionary, Shoreditch

in the central part of Shoreditch which is good. I have only stayed at one other hostel in London and have found most rooms in London re quite small. The place seems to be designed to make the most of absolutely every nook and cranny. You could hardly physically fit your body into the toilets and showers! The bar/cafe is great as it is open to the public, has wifi and has good music playing etc. I would stay here again.

• 7th Apr 2013

Astor Museum Inn

I only stayed there for one night. All in all it was OK but there were a few things that did annoy me. The room I stayed in was really overheated and full of loud and noisy people (which can happen in any dorm room I guess). But I think it is quite a 'party' hostel so if you want to get some sleep make sure you bring some ear plugs, an eye mask and something to fend off drunks (last one not necessary).

• 6th Apr 2013

Apple Hostels of Philadelphia

Philadelphia, USA

I stayed in this place for two nights. The staff were nice, friendly and helpful and it had all the basic things you want in a hostel. It is also in a great location. I did find though that it had a bit of a weird vibe. The TV was always on really loudly playing really bad tv shows which meant people didn't socialise much as it was a bit of an awkward atmosphere. Also the dorm room was a too big for me (about 20 people). But i would stay here again because of the location. Philly is awesome.

• 24th Mar 2013

Hi Fleur, I'm very happy that you loved Philadelphia. Our job is to make sure that our guests get the most out of their stay in our great city and I'm glad that our staff was able to help you with that. I'm a bit surprised and disappointed that you didn't enjoy the vibe of the hostel. I wasn't working the first day of your stay, but normally the only time that we ever play TV shows is if our guests request such a thing, and even then it is usually "Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia", which we have on DVD. Except for movie nights, we always play music videos at a low volume level precisely because we want our guests to socialize. I'm sorry if that's not what you experienced.

This is my favourite hostel I have ever stayed in just because of the atmosphere and character. It is very good for being social and making friends but both times I have stayed there (for a week each time) people have been very respectful in the rooms and I managed to get a good sleep etc. It has a great outdoor area with a pool and has an awesome cheap hot breakfast every morning till late!

• 6th Mar 2013

This is definitely the best hostel I have stayed at. It's a great place if you want to meet people and party, or if you just want to chill out. The rooms are really nice, spacious and have their own bathrooms. The front bar is fun, too. The place has a genuinely cool vibe and isn't just full of young kids getting drunk like some other hostels.

• 17th Jun 2012