• England, Female, 31-40
Weston Hall, Manchester, England
13th Jul 2012

I thought on the whole the room was excellent and the ensuite bathroom was a nice change than other hostels I've stayed in. My only gripe would be that I had to sleep with earplugs in because every sound was amplified and echoed all around the hostel at night. Still, I did enjoy 2 out of 3 good night's sleep once I'd resorted to the earplugs. That's a minor gripe though for a very tidy bedroom with ensuite bathroom, friendly and helpful staff near central Mancs for £30 a night! :-)

• England, Female, 31-40
City YMCA, London, London, England
6.6
20th Jun 2012

Having stayed in hostels across Canada I was disappointed by this YMCA. The rooms are very bare and there was no aircon (or even a fan) in the room so I had to open the (single glazed) window which meant that I then had to put up with the traffic noise which is non-stop in London. Also the showers afford no privacy whatsoever so I opted to wash in the sink which is when I discovered the hot water is brackish at best! So, really, this hostel only wins on it's location and it's price.