Reviews: kappapi3234

Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 26

Bamber House

Auckland, New Zealand

I can easily say without exaggeration that this is the most enjoyable hostel experience I've ever had. The layout is cozy, welcoming and highly conducive to meeting any of the very pleasant and diverse backpackers that stay here. It seems to foster an air of cohesion and relaxation, making for instant connections. The wraparound sofa is a particular bonus. Drinks and banter are had most nights, but late-night noise restrictions are respected. Clean and amazing character. Can't wait to go back.

• 11th Feb 2013

Ponsonby Backpackers

Auckland, New Zealand

This is hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed in. I felt welcome from the moment I walked in the door, where the staff already knew my name. The rooms were very clean, the beds comfy, and the other backpackers very friendly and open. Anyone and everyone will strike up a conversation with you anytime. The only drawbacks were no free wifi, and very small bathrooms. But it was more than worth it, and I'd be happy to stay there again.

• 4th Feb 2013

Dolphins Beach House

Noosa, Australia

The hostel itself was pretty average, though I did appreciate the open concept lounges and kitchens, and the way all of the rooms opened up into one common area. Also loved the trippy decor. Beds were comfy, and itwas all clean enough. Th highlights were definitely the character, it's very easy to meet a lot of colorful people, and the location, right on the beach. Best hostel in Noosa, I'd wager.

• 28th Jan 2013

We'd never heard of this place before we showed up, but it turned out to be an absolute gem. Paul, the owner, is incredibly laid back and great at taking care of everyone who stays there. He bent over backwards to make us feel welcome and comfortable. The atmosphere was fantastic, everyone was very friendly and open, and it was very easy to find someone to talk to. Whether you're looking to settle down here and find work, or just stay a few nights, you'll have a fantastic time.

Home at The Mansion

Melbourne, Australia

Pretty typical hostel fare, full of young people drinking a lot. Bunks were comfy enough, rooms and bathrooms were pretty clean. Only thing that was people seem to stay there quite long-term and it seems very cliquey. Otherwise, if all you need is a cheap bed, it's totally decent.

• 17th Dec 2012

Spicypai Backpackers

Pai, Thailand

If partying hard every night is your thing, then this is the place to stay. We were hoping to relax, but the atmosphere is generally pretty rowdy. We had people barge into our dorms drunk at 4am and wake us up most nights. The scenery, at least, is totally beautiful and I liked the open concept design of everything. Also he staff were pretty friendly and helpful, and you meet a lot of people quickly. Won't be staying again, though.

• 12th Nov 2012

This hostel was mediocre at best. No problems, but certainly nothing to write home about. I was virtually empty when although this may just be owing to the time of year. But not once, in four days, did we see the staff come in to the dorm to clean anything - after one guy left, the cot was never touched. Otherwise, good location, cheap, free wifi.

• 4th Nov 2012

Mint Guesthouse in Hongdae

Seoul, South Korea

Very chill, good location, excellent price. Liked the rooftop! Would definitely stay here again.

• 26th May 2012