Pousada Chill Out - Lencois

Chapada Diamantina, Brazil

Chill Out is a wonderful hostel located right next to the entrances of several Chapada trails and a very short walk away from the city center. We had a transfer from the bus station when we arrived at 5:30am and were allowed to sleep for a bit before having a big, delicious breakfast and heading out for our hike. We also were able to shower after check-out which is great after spending the day hiking & swimming. The staff was very friendly. Lockers in the room would've been nice.

• 12th Oct 2013

Hostel Galeria 13

Salvador, Brazil

Great hostel bar none! You can even use a locker after checking out if you want to store your valuables for the day. The staff (including the 2 dogs) are very friendly, provided great advice & I felt like they took the time to get to know me & my travel plans. The location is minutes from everything in Pelourinho & from buses that will take you everywhere else in the city. The breakfast was big and delicious with fresh juice included!

• 10th Oct 2013

7 Duendes

Salta, Argentina

The hostel has a very friendly atmosphere with all of the guests hanging out together in the common rooms. This is kind of required since the rooms are very cold and there are a lot of outdoor patios connecting the different areas of the hostel, so the only places to stay warm are the common areas. The lockers were large. My only complaint is that there was only one key per room. Besides that, the staff was wonderful and when I had to change my arrival date they were helpful.

Santiago Backpackers

Santiago, Chile

Santiago Backpackers is by far one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The location is great and there is a police station right down the street, so there is no doubt that it is safe. They also had daily activities that you could sign up for and the staff was actually available 24/7 which was great. The only complaint is that the showers were cold unless you let the water run for about 20 minutes before jumping in.

Thanks for your message. Just wanted to let you know that our water system went under heavy maintenance and is fully functioning now, as you can also confirm with our last reviews. Hope to see you again soon!