• Canada, Male, 25-30
7.4
4th Aug 2015

No locks for the lockers in the room, and the staff mostly just ignored me and the other guests. They didn't even look up when I first walked in. Also, although the bus to Huangshan arranged by the hostel left before 6:00 am, we waited at other hotels and hostels to fill up the bus, so we didn't actually get to the transfer station until 8. After switching to the other bus and waiting in line for admission tickets, I finally got on the mountain just after 9. This process needs to be streamlined.

• Canada, Male, 25-30
2nd Aug 2015

The staff was awesome! So helpful and full of good advice. The library could use a few more English books though, and it's hard to find by yourself (but the staff will help you) :)

• Canada, All Male Group, 18-24
30th Sep 2013

This hostel is far from typical, but that's why it's great. It's difficult to get to, but makes up for that by being located in a charming rural village. The buildings are rustic but comfortable log cabins. There is also lots to do in the area, including horse riding and hiking. The bathroom facilities are basic, but clean. My one recommendation is that you go in the summer. We were there at the beginning of October, and although they heated the rooms with wood stoves it was a little cold.

19th Aug 2013

I've stayed at King's Joy several times before, and it doesn't disappoint. We were only there for one night, as we had a flight the next morning, but the beds were clean and the rooms were quiet. The only real problem was that there was only one staff member at the desk when we checked in, and he was kind of overwhelmed with a big group, so we had a bit of a long wait when we first showed up.

The Stone Bridge, Yangshuo, China
16th Aug 2013

Our stay at The Stone Bridge couldn't have been better. Even though we stayed their while Yangshuo was getting hit with the back end of a typhoon, Jessie and Stephen couldn't have been more hospitable. It felt much less like a hostel and more like a home stay or bed and breakfast. It's also outside of the crowded streets of Yangshuo in the quiet countryside, but close enough to make trips into town fast and easy. I highly recommend a stay at The Stone Bridge!

Wada Hostel in Guilin, Guilin, China
14th Aug 2013

The perfect model of what a hostel should be. Clean rooms, soft beds, good food, and cheap beers. Furthermore, the staff was just amazing! Their English was great, and they were more than willing to be patient with my bad Chinese. We also booked some awesome trips through them, and got picked up right outside. The only drawback is that it's not really in a great part of town.

Thank you for your kind words! Also, your Chinese is not as bad as you think! 加油!

7.4
11th Aug 2013

Good enough facilities, but not a great atmosphere as far as hostels go. Other than the manager next door, the staff's English is pretty bad. They also didn't want to speak Chinese with me. They also work really hard to upsell you on everything.

• Canada, Male, 18-24
7th Aug 2013

I've stayed here several times, so I knew what to expect. It's really much more of a hotel than a hostel. The booking agency is pretty solid and does some good trips, but as far as the hostel atmosphere goes, it's a little lacking. On the other hand, the location is great. It's close to Tian'anmen, the Forbidden City, and the Metro System.

• Canada, Male, 18-24
Tianjin Cloudy Bay Hostel, Tianjin, China
5th Aug 2013

Amazing place! I met some great people there, and the staff was awesome too! One of them even came out with us to eat and drink to make sure we had a good time. Their beds are soft, their AC is cold, and their hearts are warm!

Pink Manila Hostel, Manila, Philippines
18th Feb 2013

I stayed here multiple times during a two-week stint in the Philippines, and every time, the staff was warm, welcoming, and accommodating. I stayed here before the official opening, and even though there was construction and painting going on around me, I wasn't inconvenienced in the slightest. However, this is a bit of a party hostel, and on one of the four nights I stayed here, my friends and I woke up to a bathroom full of puke. :( Great place to stay if you're looking for fun, not sleep!

• USA, All Male Group, 18-24
Dallas Hostel, Puerto Princesa City, Philippines
14th Feb 2013

Dallas Hostel went above and beyond for my two friends and I during our stay. Not only did we enjoy our time at the Puerto Princesa location, they also made space for us in the El Nido location which they had only purchased a few weeks prior and were about to start renovating. All the crew at the Dallas Hostel in Puerto and El Nido really gave us a home away from home. Cheers!

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
Pink Manila Hostel, Manila, Philippines
13th Feb 2013

Great place! Stayed there while it was opening up, and some of the rooms weren't completely finished, but regardless, nearly everything about this place was great. The only problems were that it was a little out of the way, and a bit pricey as far as hostels go. Otherwise, amazing! I highly recommend it!

10th Dec 2012

The rooms are awesome, and they were great for booking day trips and providing information.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
6.6
30th Apr 2012

Cat hair and dirty paw prints left all over the bed, and staff told us we had to be back at the hostel by 11:00pm (although they did begrudgingly let us in at 2:00pm). Location is great, very close to downtown attractions, but very difficult to find, particularly at night when they turn off the lighted sign.