Mystic Simurgh Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

You get what you pay for. This place was run down the showe was 1x1 at biggest. There was never any toilet paper and all the staff and guests smoked. The non smoking zone was always empty and still had wafts of smoke as it was all part of the same room. It's a friendly enough place but the staff were pretty lazy. If you want somewhere rustic, with chilled out guests but filled with smoke. This is for you. If not look elsewhere. It's also surrounded by clubs which may be average or awesome for y

• 28th Mar 2013

Manga hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

I can't recommend this place highly enough. Igor and his team made me feel so welcome in Serbia. Their warmth and knowledge of the city was second to none. Igor has to be one of the nicest guys I've ever met in my life. If you don't go for the food, the city or the Rakijv, go for Igor! Thanks again. PS make sure he tells you about the red roofed bakery. Best bakery I've ever been too!

• 25th Mar 2013

Hi 5 Party'ish Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

This place tries so hard to be a party hostel but when I was there it was only the staff who were really partying. They were all Australian with one English guy working there. They were more concerned with having there own fun than of guests. On the second night I was there two of the staff shared a bed together in the room I was in. I'm sure there are more involved party hostels and more cultured ones too. This had neither.

• 21st Mar 2013