Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 20

Barra Guest Hostel

Salvador, Brazil

BHG is one of my favourite hostels of all time! We started our journeys here, and after 7 months, our return was like coming back home. It was fantastic to be reunited with the BGH family, and enjoy and excellent breakfast, staff service and chilled out atmosphere. We can't wait to go back to the best hostel in Salvador!

You guys have no idea of how great I felt when I saw you walking back home. Yes, home! I remember exactly the first time you were here before carnival and now after your long trip. I'm very happy to know you enjoyed staying here as much as we enjoyed having you guys here, specially before you flew home where all your family and friends were waiting for you. Well, you've got friends here and a place you can call home :) Barra Guest Hostel is definatelly your place in Salvador!!!

Kokopelli Beachpackers

Mancora, Peru

This is a quality hostel. There's something going on every night and the staff are always up for a laugh. The breakfast is decent and the restaurant isn't bad. I would have liked to use the kitchen though.

Ecopackers

Cusco, Peru

What a fantastic hostel! Really chilled atmosphere, the staff are extremely helpful, the showers are awesome and the breakfast is wholesome. To be honest, it's worth coming to this hostel just for the beds.

Wild Rover Backpackers

La Paz, Bolivia

Wicked hostel, so much going on and so many people to meet. Good breakfast for Bolivia and helpful staff around the clock

Bacoo Hostel

La Paz, Bolivia

Best hostel in La Paz! Lovely staff, great bar and good breakfast. The beds are decent also! Really enjoyed my stay here. More chilled than Wild Rover.

Casona Potosi Hostal

Potosi, Bolivia

This is a good hostel, but could be so much better. They offer good tours, and the staff are helpful. However I felt like the atmosphere was lacking due to how tight the hostel is. The breakfast makes you feel like you're in prison (you line up with a ticket and a tray for a deficient meal) and there is a hefty deposit for any kitchen items you wish to use. Everything is locked up, which distanced me from liking this place.

Catre Diem - Hostel Cultural

Cordoba, Argentina

Bit of a weird hostel. There's nothing really wrong with it but I found it to be very cliquey, and that many of the guests were unfriendly. It's probably a case of wrong place wrong time, since this hostel is objectively good. Breakfast is decent.

Hey! We are glad you licked the hostel and sorry that you didn't have a good experience with the other guests. It's weird, what people usually like the most about the hostel is the atmosphere. Have a safe trip! :) Hora

El Viajero - Hostel & Suites

Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

Fantastic breakfast!

Live MVD Hostel

Montevideo, Uruguay

A very cool hostel. Beautiful building, friendly people and comfortable beds. Great breakfast, one of the best I´ve had on my travels.

Klein Hostel

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Very helpful staff, great way to see the falls. Cool facilities, resonable bar prices, pool table and FIFA!

Sarau Hostel

Florianopolis, Brazil

A delightful hostel, the best I have ever stayed in. I cannot stress enough how friendly the owner is - she was always willing to help, and when I was in trouble, she drove me to the police station, served as a translator, helped write the police report and drove me home. Absolutely incredible customer service. The hostel itself is very laidback, with no mention of paying until you leave, and food on offer at all times in the kitchen. Location is slightly out of the way but no matter, STAY HERE!

Santa Mix Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Can´t fault this hostel, it is fantastic. Proper mattresses, trendy location, great facilities and a family atmosphere, this hostel is one of the best I have ever stayed in! The owners are so friendly, making this place amazing value for money and more! The activities they offer are plentiful, such as favelas, hang gliding and watching Fluminense vs. Gremio (sorry Jorge). Just beware of dodgy maths with the bill at the end, I´m sure it´s not intentional but it´s worth checking.

Pousada Alto Mar

Arraial da Ajuda, Brazil

Very friendly host (doesn´t speak english), and the location is wonderful! Beds are a bit damp but in general a very comfortable and pleasant stay!