Samesun Venice Beach

Los Angeles, USA

I stayed here for two nights, it was an okay hostel that has the potential to be really great. It is really clean, but overpriced for what it is, for $30 a night it should at least include a free towel and breakfast could be really improved. I know these things sound stupid but details like that are what makes a good hostel great. The best part of the hostel was the comedy night they arranged for us to go to! The staff were really helpful and booked my airport shuttle which was really nice :)

thank you for the feedback. We will look into improving the newly added free breakfast. The comedy night is pretty fun! Glad the staff were able to help you when needed. Safe travels.

This was a cool place to stay in for a couple of nights. It was kept quite clean, has cool indoor and outdoor areas to chill out in. There isn't much in the area but it is easy to catch the trolley straight into the French Quarter.

This hostel is in a beautiful renovated old house which is really cool and there is so much space to chill and hang out in. Great breakfast in the morning and really clean. The bunks are a bit squeaky. The outdoor area is really nice too and I wished that I had an extra day to spend there and hang out by the pool. There are some cool places within walking distance. The place is really quiet and I would have found it hard meeting people if I had been there alone. Overall it was a really nice stay

I loved my stay in Prison! This place was awesome to stay in after staying in so many guesthouses in India without meeting anybody to hang out with. Everyone here was cool and liked to hang out together in the common room before going out for the night. Jason makes a great breakfast! The front desk can arrange a scooter for you to ride around and explore all the beaches which was awesome. This place has SUCH a cool vibe, I would stay happily locked in prison ;)

2W Cafe & Hostel

Phuket, Thailand

I had such a nice time staying here, it was the perfect place for me to recover after the full moon party craziness on Koh Phangang! The manager was so nice and always helpful, and it was so amazing to see a friendly face as soon as I walked in the door! Phuket town is a good central hub to stay and the bus is easy to catch between different parts of the island if you want to go exploring. The beds were comfortable, it was really clean and I would recommend it for anybody wanting to chill out :)

Lazy House

Koh Phangan, Thailand

This place was awesome, mostly because of all the cool people who stay there. It really is just a place to crash after continuous nights of partying, but it was a great place to be. It was really good that the manager had a presence around the place, it made me feel really safe hanging out there. Research your options for getting off the island because the bus company they booked me on was a complete joke, even by Asian transport standards. My time on Koh Phangang was amazing :)

The Mad Monkey

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

I loved my stay in the Mad Monkey and was sad to leave! Huge comfortable beds, clean, cool people. There was a mix up with my room the first night which was pretty bad, but the manager came and spoke to me personally the next morning, refunded me for the night and gave me breakfast free of charge... great service and he is a really lovely guy! The best part was the bar and how the staff would take us out when it closed, having a 'chilled night in' was just not possible for me

Mojzo inn

Nha Trang, Vietnam

This place was great, the staff have an amazing ability to remember names and I felt so bad that I couldn't remember theirs! They were great with booking busses and diving for me which was amazing service :) The place was clean, breakfast was great (the cook needs to cheer up a bit, maybe shouldn't be cooking breakfast if she's not a morning person), and was a cool place to chill out. The only improvement was that the common room could have been a bit more lively for meeting people :)

Sunflower Hotel Hoi An

Hoi An, Vietnam

Sunflower is the best hostel to stay in Hoi An for the backpacking crowd. The pool is great for chilling out at the end of a big day and an awesome place to chat to people. Don't expect any 'flashpacker' facilities as it is clearly a hotel where they have worked out they can make more money if they just squish more beds in. The breakfast is a huge buffet which is annoying, I have never seen 5 hungover backpackers get out of bed so fast so that they didn't miss breakfast.

Had an awesome time at this place, there are always people around the place, a party atmosphere downstairs or a place to chill upstairs. The Castaway tour was aaaamazing, the guides are great at making sure everyone has a good time there.

USA Hostels San Diego

San Diego, USA

USA Hostels San Diego is a special place... I arrived alone and left so sad to have to say goodbye to so many new friends after only 6 nights. I never would have left if I didn't have to. Thanks to the staff; Sam being a cute muffin and I love him, Chiuans dance moves, Rachel and Amy being sweethearts, Carlos the fun enforcer and Take's amazing chicken teriyaki. The activities every day are great and make it so easy to meet people. Thank you so much everybody!