Living Cat's Hostel

Madrid, Spain

this is a hostel for party-teenagers!never seen so many disrespectful people together before.staff seemed to be in the same vibe.i arrived late and there was a noisy party going on.there was a girl occupying two beds(one of them mine).beautiful building,good location.showers are terrible,there's no space at all to put your stuff.i wouldn't recommend it, unless you're a teenager that wants to get drunk without leaving the hostel(which is so stupid, while you have the whole Madrid to party in)

• 8th Mar 2014

Hello, We are truly sorry that your stay was not perfect. If you have any problems with your room etc. the reception is more than happy to help you fix the situation. We have several parties during the week to create an atmosphere of fun for our guests, however we always ask guests to be respectful of others and leave the patio (where guests' bedrooms are) after 12am. Again we are sorry about the problems with your stay, but are very glad that you enjoyed the building and the location.

Olga's Place

San Sebastian, Spain

it felt a bit strange.it's really like an apartment,and the common room is so small that it feels more like just a reception.i would go back to the hostel just to sleep,because the atmosphere didn't feel very welcoming,maybe it's different on summertime.bunks are too small,the down part of them makes you feel you're in a box.impossible to sit on your bed if you're down.lockers are small,they're not for backpacks.toilets were very clean.it's ok if you just want a place to sleep and take a shower.

• 3rd Feb 2014

Ganbara Hostel

Bilbao, Spain

Ganbara is a great place, located right in the center of Bilbao! It's really much better than the pictures that we can see here on the website. I would just add towels and a little cheese with breakfast...and also individual electricity plugs and reading lights for each bed (just details that would make it even better) :)

• 1st Feb 2014

Hi!!! We do have towels for hire and free individual reading lights at the reception. We┬┤ll make something about the cheese in the breakfast. Thank you for advicing!!!! We hope to see you again! ;)

Great rooms and bathrooms, with simple details that make all the difference (like the curtains, individual lights and plugs for each bed, and the shower cabins with plenty of places to hang clothes and towels). The location is quite far from the center, but there's a metro station really close. Breakfast could be better. Showers with timer are annoying sometimes.

• 10th Mar 2013

Hey, Thanks for the comments and review, it's really helpful to us and those reading the reviews. I'm pleased you enjoyed the little things we do for you to make things easier. The showers should be timed for 30-45 seconds, any less than this and we'll take a look, so let us know! Thanks again for the review. St christopher's Inn Paris Canal

Interhostel

Stockholm, Sweden

Excellent location. Stockholm is a really expensive city, so the fact the hostel has a kitchen is great. Staff was not helpful at all when I needed to print a document and when I asked for directions. They would say everything is at "the central station". My room was really small, people could barely walk between the beds and I felt that I was sleeping in the same bed as the person beside me, because there were only 10 centimeters between the beds.

• 25th Feb 2013

Not very well located. My impression was that there were only groups of teenagers staying there. I had problems with my room mates:a bunch of drunk english 16-year-old boys that would arrive screaming inside the room at 4 o'clock (ok,this is not the hostel's fault, but generally you can see by people's reservation how many people they are, if they are together, if they are 16 or 25 years old, if they are boys or girls,and plan who you'll put together.the hostel is big,i'm sure this can be done)

• 20th Feb 2013

Brussels Hello Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

This hostel was quite strange...when i chose a "female room" i didn't have idea that there was actually a "female building", which was 1 block away from the building where reception and breakfast were, which was very incovenient. There's just 1 bathroom in each floor, so i was always waiting to use it. This was one year ago, i don't know if something changed by now.

• 13th Feb 2013

Ostello S. Fosca

Venice, Italy

I know that Venice is not cheap, but this was the most expensive hostel i've ever stay and it does not have anything special. The location is very nice, though. If you just want a clean and well located place to sleep , it's ok. Reception hours SUCK! After 8 p.m. there is no one there. Wi-fi wouldn't work in my room, only at the reception,which CLOSES after 8.The bathroom was thematic: it would flood if you take long on the shower.The receptionist didn't even know a cafe to recommend.

• 5th Feb 2013

Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark

Amsterdam, Netherlands

good location, excellent breakfast, nice rooms, bathrooms could be better.

• 10th Jan 2013