Astor Hyde Park

great location, only 5 mins walk to hyde park and 10 mins walk to kensington high street. my room was very clean, the bed was nice and comfy and the ensuite bathroom was nice too. I also liked the free breakfast and fwifi. they have kitchen and laundry facilities. very nice hostel, not too quiet but not too much of a party hostel either. I'd definitely recommend this hostel!

I stayed in the 10 bed female dorm. the beds were alright, and I liked the curtains as they give you a little privacy and block out the light.speaking of which, there were nice reading lights and 2 powerpoints in each bed! There were some sinks in the room as well, which is nice, BUT there was a really disgusting smell coming from them, it ruined the stay for me presonally! Otherwise, it's nice to have free wifi, and you get vouchers for the restaurant as well. The location is excellent!

Hi Lisa, Thank you for giving us feedback on your stay at International Students House. We are delighted to hear that overall, you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully this enhanced your visit to London. In regards to your comment about an unpleasant smell from the sinks, we have raised this issue with our Housekeeping Team and this will be investigated further. We always endeavour to create a clean, friendly and welcoming environment at ISH and we do hope that the next time you visit, our facilities meet your expectations.

Brazen Backpackers

the location is good, not too far from the tube station (Edgwtare Road). the room was nice, there was enough space for the luggage. It has windows, and there was a little heater as well. The beds are a little squeaky and shaky but otherwise ok. There are lockers in the rooms. also free: breakfast and wifi. they have a kitchen which is good. the bar downstairs isn't that nice but hey it's london, you'll find other nice pubs nearby!

Phoenix Hostel

nice small hostel in central location. friendly staff, comfy beds, clean rooms and bathrooms. showers are rather small, and you have to wait for a member of staff to open the hostel door for you, which is great in terms of safety, but makes you feel like you're 12 again. they have a bar/common room downstairs with a fridge and microwave. internet is free, breakfast is not. overall, I recommend this hostel!

GOOD: location, only 20 mins walkt o Marble Arch, free breakfast and wifi, clean and comfy beds BAD: things get stolen at this hostel ALL THE TIME. One morning after everyone had checked out there were two guys and me sleeping in my room. Then, after the cleaners had left one of my bags was missing... Every day I stayed there someone seemed to be missing something… And of course no one ever saw or heard anything.

GOOD: wifi, breakfast, drinks, showers BAD: old and dirty matrices, beds old, shaky, noisy. walls very thin so can get very noisy. no washing machine, kitchen. some staff don't care about their customers needs, only about themselves. only one toilet for all women and men. if you don't have a laptop you have to pay for internet. not easy to find because there are no signs outside. our food was stolen from fridge. not cleaned daily. far from city centre.

• 6th Jul 2012

room was clean, but windows were so high up that we couldn't open them. bathrooms were ok, albeit not very clean, and the showers are a bit of a joke. staff weren't exceptionally friendly but alright. location is good enough, but there are more central hostels for the same price, or cheaper that is, that are better for exploring london! supermarkets and other shopping facilities close by. wifi only works in the bar and on the first floor in the hallways. no common room. good if you want to party

great location, friendly staff, dorms and bathrooms are clean. breakfast and wifi are free, and they have a kitchen as well. beds are a bit shaky, showers are not great. would have stayed longer if it was a bit less expensive.

London Backpackers

very nice hostel, only con is the location as it's quite far to central london. but there is a tube station just around the corner so it's ok. the rooms were cleaned daily, beds were comfy and stable. I very much liked the common area, they've got a fully fitted kitchen, tv, lots and lots of movies (they're free), fridges, and enough space and sockets for people with laptops. the staff are very friendly, especially the guy, who seemed to remember everyone's name even! i recommend this hostel!