Tr3ats Guesthouse

Cebu, Philippines

Great people. Central location, easy to get anywhere, yet good local resources within walking distance including a mall. Not your classic hostel, ie no kitchen access and no real common area. 4 stories up with no elevator makes for good exercise in and out of the facility, but if stairs are a problem for you, you might want to look elsewhere. Decent local breakfast choices and reasonable prices. I cannot emphasis enough how nice the staff were; I would book again on that alone.

Backpackers Ceara

Fortaleza, Brazil

Absolutely the best value in Fortaleza for accommodations. Perhaps the best value in Brazil. Central location makes it a walk, quick bus, or quick taxi to anywhere. Beach very close. Property is constantly improving; practically a new kitchen area while we were here and new paving being placed in the driveway.

Burlington Hostel

Burlington, USA

A little pricy for a hostel, but the only game in town. Location was certainly good; walk or bike nearly anywhere. A little much on quiet after hours. I wasn't allowed to talk on skype in the living area after 10:00 pm. It is one thing to not want to be a party place, but another to be extreme library quiet. Free breakfast was pretty good with fresh waffles and syrup. Met lots of great people, including staff.

Where 2 Next

Manila, Philippines

Green Mango Inn

Manila, Philippines

Everything was great, though this was my first experience at a hostel that didn't supply toilet paper.

Hi to our USA guests! Our young & helpful staff forgot to give you free toilet paper? Apologies!!! Next time you need anything or have any complaints---whether big or small problems---just tell our staff or ask to talk to me the owner. For this shortcoming or lapse in our service, can I invite you to free beer and dinner in your next visit? Please "like" our Facebook page to communicate any other complaints or suggestions? Please come again. We are not perfect, but we're always seeking to improve with your comments, thanks for your honest and candid comment. Let's drink beer next time here, free from me. Cheers!

Thanh Guesthouse

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Kimuyen Hotel

Nha Trang, Vietnam

Very nice people running the facility. Very helpful. I even got help walking with my luggage from the bus station. Very flexible. No real problems in the stay. They kept my motorbike inside at night. Great area to walk nearly everywhere I wanted to go. Just 2 blocks to the beach. Great restaurants around. The breakfast was fantastic. They did my laundry at a reasonable price and even hung my clothes in the closet while I was out. Wifi had good signal.

Long Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Very helpful staff. Breakfast was like no other hostel I've been to. Beyond excellent in overall value. minuses: small area for lounging. no kitchen privs (but food out is cheap). place is a bit hard to locate - it is in kinda an alley.

BackHome Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hostel could use more a/c lounge areas. Lounge areas were not very comfortable and were small and didn't hold many people. Worst thing was the kitchen - it really didn't exist. They were renovating it, but they didn't provide any alternative. Not really sure they had or were going to have any facility to cook. All I saw was a countertop and sink going in. Staff were fantastic. Security was pretty good. Would stay again.

Parrotfish Lodge

Port Douglas, Australia

a bit rustic, kinda gives it a nice character. Staff very helpful. Probably the best value, particularly for long-term stay. Breakfast is good for a free-b bread/toast with jam/butter corn flakes with milk and some fresh cut-up fruit also tea. Evening special dinners are reasonable for the area and pretty good. Bikes, sheets, towels, blankets - all are free. Lots of common areas to socialize. Beer pitchers best value in town. Good location for kiting 4-mile beach.

Great location for the peace park and short walk for nightlife. Large dorm area with dividers makes it seem more cozy. Pluses: clean, location. Minuses: no real common area which is one of the main reasons I do Hostels - to easily meet and converse with fellow travelers. Directions lacking where from the trolly/train stop - FYI: just to the northeast. Most of the other comments are good. No smell that commenters were talking about. Perfectly clean facility.

Staff was great. Other guests were wonderful. Facilities were comfortable, clean. No problems, no worries.

Bonsai Guest House

Osaka, Japan

Great facility. Great staff. Clean, safe, comfortable.

Absolutely wonderful. Staff is great. Facility is fantastic.