Location: Canada, Gender: Male, Age: 23

Girassol Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

As other comments have mentioned, only positive about this place is the staff. Came here on lasagna night because the amazing hostel I was staying at nearby (Cafe hostel) was full. And what a way to highlight Cafe hostel. Stayed in a 12 bed dorm here too, and it was TINY, no room for large packs. There were no ladders to the top of the bunk bed, which meant I had to channel my inner long jumper when getting to my top bunk. Imagine how fun that was when you had to pee in the middle of the night.

Cafe Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Hands down one of the best hostels I've stayed at. EVER. Atmosphere is amazing, staff play great music and it really feels like a cafe. Breakfast was one of the best I've had in Brazil - instead of just bread, butter, cheese, they have a woman who cooks local Northern Brazilian food, such as a coconut corn pudding. The dorm rooms were amazing too. The 12 bed dorm was super spacious, and although the beds were triple bunks, they were very sturdy and quiet. You MUST stay here if you're visiting SP

Colorful Taiwan

Hualien, Taiwan

Hualien is a small town, so don't expect too much from this hostel - most people use it as a base to head to Taroko. 10-15 min walk to train station and 30 min walk to the night market. Owner doesn't speak much English, but part-time guy did (when i was there). All in all, can't complain

H132 Hostel

Taipei, Taiwan

One of the best hostels I've been in. New decor, free breakfast, lots of staff members on hand, large rooftop laundry/drying racks. Rooms and sheets are clean. If I were to be completely nitpicky: there are only 2 showers, 3 toilets. They should provide shampoo and body wash like most other hostels, and they don't have hand towels near the sinks. But otherwise it was amazing!

Prime location a stone's throw from JR Fukushima or a comfortable walk from JR Osaka. Super helpful staff, also it didn't hurt that the one that I got help from the most was super cute ;)

Thank you for super sweet comment, you made my day!!! It was nice to see you, hope you enjoyed in Koyasan! Hope to see you again;) Thank you!

Green Guest House

Kagoshima, Japan

The mixed dorm was actually a 'capsule' like room, not with bunk beds. Main reason for my terrible review was the staff. They seemed disinterested most of the time I asked questions, and they wouldn't let me leave my luggage for an extra day, even when I offered to pay for it... Would highly recommend AGAINST staying here.

Helpful staff that helped me book the Gunkanjima cruise. The rooms can be pretty high up and the stairs a little steep though, which could be difficult for some people. Otherwise, amazing hostel!

SPA Hostel Khaosan Beppu

Beppu Spa City Oita, Japan

The hostel is a little dated and located in a pretty quiet neighbourhood (easy to walk from station but can be difficult at night).

Fukuoka Hana Hostel

Fukuoka City, Japan

Very helpful staff that speak good English. Everything is very new, and the bunk beds have curtains which is always a plus!