• Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
Le Saint-Etienne, Trujillo, Peru
8.0
15th Aug 2015

It is a very new hotel. It is not yet possible to pay with credit card and the paint job on the ceiling of our room looked incomplete, but the staff was helpful and nice. The location was perfect, only 10 minutes away from the plaza de armas (city center) on foot. It is the best place quality-price ratio we could find. Cheaper options are typically farther from the center and require more spendings on taxis and such.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
24th Jul 2013

The atmosphere is great for young travelers, but less suited for those who need to leave early in the morning, as breakfast is only served at 7:30, and the music of the bar next door can be heard until 1am. Nevertheless, the location was a great plus, as Gare du Nord can connect you to all important places, including the airport, and the staff was very nice and helpful. The room was exceedingly hot, but I can't blame the hostel for the weather. It was the best value for money I could find.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
Transylvania Hostel, Cluj Napoca, Romania
10th Jul 2013

I don't often find hostels where I instantly feel at home like this. The staff was incredibly helpful, the managers were very present, it was clean and friendly. As a lone traveler, I really enjoyed my stay! And of course, it is very central, which makes it even more perfect! This just met all my expectations, and even more!

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
10th Aug 2012

I had read very contradicting comments about this place. People either love it or hate it, which I can understand. If you love to be in the center of the city and to have a bigger room with bathroom, of course it's disappointing. But as I Iove camping sites, I absolutely loved the experience there. It was comfortable, the atmosphere was really relaxing. Of course, there were the groups of young people partying (contiki), but it personally did not trouble my sleep. I would recommend that place.