Location: Poland, Gender: Male, Age: 31

Hostel basically offered everything I was looking for in a hostel. I stayed for a week in a 4 mixed dorm and was overally happy with my stay. It has good location with easy access to subway and trains. Alhough if you're looking to hang out mostly in western part of Tokyo (Shinjuku, Shibuya) you'll spend some time in the subway. Rooms are clean, western type beds are quite comfortable, staff is very friendly and actually speaks good English, which, as it turned out, was not so common in other hos

Hiroshima Hana Hostel

Hiroshima, Japan

I stayed for 1 night and it was enough. I'm not looking for much in a hostel, but comfortable bed is a must. Sleeping quality in Hana was very poor - very uncomfortable bed. Other than that, it was an average, clean hostel, with excellent location (3 min walking from train station).

U-RIN-AN

Okayama Kurashiki, Japan

Good place, although nothing special. Very Japanese style, with futons, tatami mats and Japanese style pillows (so uncomfortable, but that's a small problem). Staff is very friendly, but speaks little English.

Guest House Pongyi

Kanazawa, Japan

A must see in Kanazawa. Great place to stay - excellent location near the train station and city centre, comfy beds, and the most helpful staff ever. Maru and Yuu make you feel like the most welcome guest. Common room is never empty with hosts engaging their guests in friendly conversation and origami.

Quality Hostel K's House Takayama

Hida Takayama, Japan

Good hostel, clean and modern. As solo traveller, I stayed in a 4 people mixed dorm - comfortable beds, clean room, clean and new ensuite bathroom - all good. There's common space, laundry facilities, big kitchen, free wi-fi. Generally it's all there. Staff speaks English (sort of) - from a hostel I actually expected better English, but no problems with communication.

Thank you very much for your comment. We hope you enjoyed Takayama. We will try to prove our English speaking avility. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Matsumoto Backpackers

Matsumoto, Japan

Great Japanes style hostel. Comfortable tatami mats dorms, excellent location, good value for money. And the owners - Shuko and Brian - best hostel owners ever. Very friendly, helpful, offering tips and recommendations for your trip. They make you feel like home in their place.

Kyoya Ryokan

Nagoya, Japan

Kyoya turned out to be a great surprise and possibly the best place I stayed in during my trip to Japan. Travelling solo, I stayed in a mixed Japanese style dorm for 4 people with sliding doors connecting with another double room. Tatami mats and covers were really comfortable and I slept like a log. There's patio and Japanese style hot public bath (male and female) - loved it. The location is good, close to the train station and city centre. Very friendly staff, especially Hiro.

Newport Hostel is a good value for money. It has nothing fancy - only basic facilities, clean bed (I stayed in 3 bed room), clean bathroom and a small common room. Location is excellent - very close to Newport downtown, walking distance to the mansions. A big plus is Marillee - hostel manager, who is the most helpful hostel manager I've met. She will tell you what to see, where to eat, will recommend how to spend your time in Newport. She even recommended couple of free parkings in Newport.

HI - Washington DC