Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 27

Hospedaje Pumacurco

Cusco, Peru

I booked 3 nights in a private room. I had to move rooms every night, once to a 3-bed dorm. If you are allergic to dogs, do not stay here: the sheets, towels and air are infected with dog hair. The staff was kind enough, but not very helpful and simply shrugged and laughed when asked a question. No one there speaks English, which would not be a problem if they were organized. There was no water 2 mornings. I do not mean no hot water: I couldn't wash my hands after using the toilet.

Ecopackers Machupicchu

Machu Picchu, Peru

Okay, so the security is not amazing, but you are in a safe Aguas Calientes. The staff was very friendly and handled a mis-communication well. I would definitely stay here again, as you are close to the bus station for Machu Picchu. I recommend asking them to meet you at the train, as the streets are a bit winding.

Sumac Chaska Hostel

Ollantaytambo, Peru

Okay, so you have to mess with the shower to get hot water, but that is literally the only downside. I loved the atmosphere and staff! Marie is just lovely and grandma makes a delicious breakfast. The location is lovely and if you have any questions, they are happy to help.

Thank you for your review, it was a pleasure to have you here.

It is very awkward that the only showers for the whole floor are in someone else's room. The security was lax and the facilities were subpar. The staff was great, though. The airport transfer is overpriced.

Miami Hostel

Miami, USA

Some of the workers are great, some are not so great. The food and cleaning staff were amazing.

Victoria Hotel Backpackers

Melbourne, Australia

I knew going in that this was in a not so nice part of town and probably cheap because of lower standards. The hostel has no early check-out policy, and at check-in I asked when check out started. She said 7 or 8 am. I tried to check out a little after 8--after finding the bar and main areas locked, knocking loudly, trying to find the cleaning woman who lived in one of the rooms, and calling the owner, I left my keys. I emailed the owner about the key location/deposit. No answer for 11 days now.

Hi Karen, We are yet to receive an email from you. The check in and check out detail are clearly stated on our site and we do have facility's to refund the deposit. All you have to do is ask. It's budget accommodation that's $20 per night that is in a very popular part of town. Unfortunately we can't afford to have someone on reception 24 hours a day with such a low price. I don't see how this review achieves anything. Regards

Adventurer Hostel

Los Angeles, USA

The air conditioner in our room broke. Actually, the entire power outlet fried. When I informed the front desk they were very rude and dismissive. The 24 hour airport shuttle was the saving grace of this accommodation. The neighborhood is not good. The bar and restaurant staff were great. Very polite, very patient, very quick to get food out.

Excellent location and facilities with a friendly staff. I would not hesitate to recommend this hostel to friends.

hello cheers !! 100 % !! thank you, good to hear you had a great time at the jacques brel HI hostel good luck for your future travels best regards phil

Hostelle - Female Only Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel was really out of the way. The rooms were cute, but the bathrooms were kind of gross.

Astor Victoria

The staff were excellent and very helpful. The showers were a bit dirty, and having two toilets and a shower out of order was a bit frustrating. Overall, I enjoyed my stay.