Reviews: stsbinse5824

Location Denmark, Gender Male, Age 50

Danhostel Copenhagen City, Copenhagen, Denmark
28th Feb 2016

I stayed for several times in the last years in this hostel. Generally, it is very comfortable after the renovations, but there exist still some lacks. There are no more lockers in the room. The bar is o.k., but not a good place to socialize for single travellers. Nearly everyone is looking on his or her laptops or watching TV. The best place for meeting others is the kitchen in the basement. Altogether, an acceptable place to stay depending on personally need.

Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel, London, England
25th Dec 2015

The room was too small. There was not enough place for the luggage. Therefore, it was hard to move inside the room. It was impossible to move or change clothes in the bathroom. I mostly used one of the bathrooms outside where the shower was not working very well. There over it was very warm in the room. I could not sleep very well in two nights because of the bad air. An effect was that approximately half of my roommates were coughing.

Hi! There is good space for the luggage if each guest has 1 big and 1 small luggage, but if the guest brings more than 2 luggage, then it will be tight. We have 40 different types of toilets and showers all over the hostel, our guests have the right to use any of them. Sorry that you had to cope with some maintenance issues, hope you have reported it to the front desk, the reception is open 24 hours to ensure that everybody can have a good night sleep! Best regards, Smart Hostels Team

22nd Dec 2015

I have generally enjoyed my stay because of the atmosphere and the friendly staff. I have just missed the kitchen, which existed for three years ago and a happy hour at the bar. I can imagine coming back.

The Monk's Bunk Kaunas, Kaunas, Lithuania
15th Oct 2015

The personal was friendly and helpful. It was a nice experience to stay in that hostel. I can imagine to come back.

Hostel Oki Doki, Warsaw, Poland
11th Oct 2015

Bedwood Hostel, Copenhagen, Denmark
23rd Aug 2015

Altogether, I had a good experience. The staff is helpful and friendly. They do their best with a little lack of routine. The breakfast was o.k. to a reasonable price. The only lack of service is that everything must be paid cash. It could be a problem for international tourists who arrive late in the evening. I can recommend this hostel.

Urban House, Copenhagen, Denmark
3rd Aug 2015

I will recommand this hostel. The personal could be a little more friendly. The prices for a beer are on a high level for a hostel. The rooms are comfortable with a clean bathroom. All together I had a good experience.

25th Jun 2015

I had a very positive experience at this hostel. I received dinner although I arrived very late on the first day. The food was good and healthy. I could always sleep very well and had a good conservation, both with the other guests and the staff. I found always help and good advice if I had a problem. It is not a party hostel, but a good place for relaxing and meeting people.

Copenhagen Backpackers, Copenhagen, Denmark
4th Feb 2015

Staffs were very friendly I had nice roommates and good conversations at the bar. I will come back.

Sentrum Hostel, Oslo, Norway
31st Jan 2015

Castanea Old Town Hostel, Stockholm, Sweden
22nd Dec 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had a good experience as a single traveler over Christmas. The common room was o.k., but it was sometimes a little boring. A little entertainment, e.g. a TV or video with subtitles and headphones could be a solution, because windows find only in the sleeping room. All in one I had a good experience because of the other guests and the personal. I will come back.

Rut & Ragnars Hostel, Malmo, Sweden
20th Dec 2014

I was there 2 times before. The atmosphere in summer was better, because the most of the guests were really on holidays. The personal was a little unhelpful. There were no city maps, no tickets for the public transport (it is not possible to buy a ticket in the bus, only at the central station and at special kiosks). The breakfast was o.k. to a reasonable price, but the guests have to take everything out by themselves from a locker. The two kitchens and the beds are good.

Copenhagen Downtown Hostel, Copenhagen, Denmark
18th Dec 2014

I was there many times and will always enjoy coming again. The personal is friendly and the atmosphere amazing.

Danhostel Copenhagen City, Copenhagen, Denmark
7.4
15th Dec 2014

I was there many times and hoped to enjoy a fresh draft beer from the bar. Everything was under construction to the same price. That was a really disappointment. My luggage came one day later because a mistake of Norwegian airlines. It would be nicer from the staff to send me an SMS instead of blocking my key card. I like this hostel because of the great view from the higher floors. This wish was respected in advance. I will come back in the hope to find a better atmosphere regarding the bar.

City Hostel - Central Station, Stockholm, Sweden
15th Aug 2014

The personal was very friendly.

Cambie Hostel - Gastown, Vancouver, Canada
2.3
27th Apr 2014

That was one of the worst experiences as a traveler in a hostel. I was at the bar to socialize with other backpackers. At first they’d cheated me at the bar with a price for a beer, which was announced much lower. I was sitting alone for a while and the doorman was always looking very bad to me. After I had tried to talk with some girls at the neighbor table for some seconds, the doorman asked me to leave the table immediately. I can confirm all the bad reviews concerning security and cleanness.

24th Apr 2014

Thank you for a nice holiday. All the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Hey there, Thank you for taking the time to review Ocean Island on hostelworld! We appreciate the kind words and are so pleased you enjoyed yourself while staying with us - it’s especially great to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful! Hope to see you next time you’re in Victoria! Happy travels.

8.0
21st Apr 2014

Copenhagen Downtown Hostel, Copenhagen, Denmark
30th Dec 2013

Tak for en dejlig Nytårsaften!

Bahaus Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
27th Sep 2013

The barkeeper was amazing, but the personal in the reception only in average. All in one, it was a good experience, because I met nice people from all over the world and had a great view from the roof terrace over the Bosporus.

Kville Hotel, Gothenburg, Sweden
7.7
23rd Jul 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good buffet was good, also the start at 6 am, but could terminate later. The describing of the way to the hostel was not exactly, it is more than 300 metre away. It would be a good idea to describe the way by tram from the ferry-terminals. The easiest way from the Denmark-terminal would be with nr. 9 or 11 to the main station and thereafter change to 6. I enjoyed my stay and will recommend the hostel.

Lisb'on Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
23rd Jun 2013

It is a nice hostel and the personal was mostly friendly. Some of them were a little cold and did not like if I had for many questions. The air condition was not working in the first night, so it was hard to sleep. The walking tour was good, but the organized party in the evening was too late. I think this hostel is not so good for single travelers. There were too many rules with the terrace. I can imagine to come again because of the great view and value for money.

Casa d'Alagoa, Faro, Portugal
19th Jun 2013

Thank you for a nice Holiday!

City Public Hostel, Copenhagen, Denmark
24th May 2013

Personalet var delvis venligt og jeg kunne holde en god snakke. Den anden del var rasende, fordi jeg havde glemt min kode, selvom det var tidlig om aften og der var en masse folk omkring indgangsdøren. Man skulle betale for alt ekstra(sengelinned, pude osv.) og de nederste senge havde en kort afstand til de øverste. En bar, som annonceret eksisteres slet ikke, fordi man bare kan få sodavand eller kaffe. Badeværelse ligger langt væk fra sovesal. Godt køkken og udendørsfaciliteter.

Anker Hostel, Oslo, Norway
5th Apr 2013

The staff was o.k., I met many other people, had some fun, but the character was poor. Cleanliness was in avarage. I can imagine to come back although not everything was perfect.

6.9
13th Feb 2013

Service og sikkerhed er i orden. Personellet var i begyndelsen venlig, men til sidst lidt reserveret. Køkken er for lille. Jeg fik et 4-seng-værelse, selvom jeg havde reserveret et 22 seng -værelse til sammen pris. Det er normalt en fordel, men ikke hvis man er enten helt alene eller møder folk, som er irriterende. Det skete i den første nat. Hvis man sover i en stor sovesal, så er der mange forskellige folk. Man finder altid nogen at snakke og ingen kan irritere meget, fordi der sover mange andre gæster. M

Dear Guest Thank you for your review, We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy the free upgrade we have given you from our 22 bed mix dorm to a 4 bed dorm, We value our guests very much which is why sometimes we surprise people with a free upgrade. We are very sorry you have not socialized as much as planned we do suggest for your next visit to come to our Bike Shead Bar or common areas as they are full with people traveling that like to socialize and make new friends. We hope you would visit us again in the future and we promise not to give you any free upgrades :). Regards Palmers Lodge Hillspring Team

10th Feb 2013

I alt en positiv oplevelse, fordi jeg kunne snakke med mange andre gæster. Personalet var meget venligt og hjælpsomt. Desværre skete en tyveri i mit værelse. Derefter blev sikkerhedskoden til døren ændret, men ingen kendte den ny kode. Alle skulle banke på døren og håbe at nogen af beboerne åbne. Sengene mangler læselyset. Køkkenet lukker for tidligst(kl.20 om aften). Brusebade fungerede enten ikke eller var for varmt/koldt. Det mangler større skabe til bagage.

Generator Hostel Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark