Reviews: Frozzy

Location: Netherlands, Gender: Female, Age: 34

Abhostel

Antwerp, Belgium

Great hostel, clean and spacious, run by a super friendly family. Internet works well, especially in the rooms. Common space is huge and kitchen has all the basics. We got an introduction on the city by one of the owners, which was extremely informative and helpful. However, in the evening the family retreats to their private quarters and check-in times are limited. Maybe it's an idea to attract a volunteer to work in the evenings?

Thank you! And we re flexible with those limited check in hours. It s just to keep our prices as low as possible,... x

Diplomatic Stay

Washington DC, USA

I really enjoyed my stay in this hostel. The main house looks great, with lots of places to relax. My favorite was the kitchen, where people shared food and watched tv or talked. This made a bit of noise in the adjacent dorm, but nothing too disturbing. Manager Jonathan and assistant Gene were great, giving the hostel a unique vibe and liveliness. I loved the intercultural yet all American (and safe!) neighborhood the hostel is located in. With the bus it was easy and cheap to get to the center.

Excellent hostel considering price and location: uptown Manhattan. Staff is friendly and decent kitchen. Could use some more toilets and doesn't have wifi, but good vibe for meeting people. Only problem for me was that some people in the hostel clearly were not used to sleeping in dorms. If you want to book this place, please have respect for the people sleeping in the evening or early morning. You don't have as private room! That being said: enjoy NYC!

Lima Limon Candelaria Hostel

Bogota, Colombia

This hostel is just great! At the moment it's run by a couple of Argentinians, who are super friendly and take very well care of the place. It is clean and looks great and the croissants in the morning are delicious, together with homemade jelly and great coffee. Slight downsides I'd say are the squeaking beds and the fact that the hostel only has 1 social space, so there's not really a place to be alone for a while. However, people are great and it looks lovely. I'd go back for sure!

Thanks for stayed in our hostel. We hope to see you soon.

Hostel looks nice when you enter. I stayed in dorm 3, which has 5 single beds. Didn't appreciate the loud noise the metal door made, or the soft mattresses, but it's not too bad for a night or two. To be honest, I would have felt better about the staff if they would actually have taken the effort to contact me back over a bracelet I lost a couple of hours earlier :( Don't know if the girls working there really care about the guests...However, clean bathrooms, tv, kitchen; quite a decent hostel.

La Serrana

Salento, Colombia

Super chill hostel. Stayed for 5 nights and had a great time. Both volunteers and paid staff are very friendly and available for useful information. View from the hostel is simply beautiful. It's a short hike to get there, but very enjoyable. Jeeps will bring you for 6000. Beds may not be the most comfy, but personally I've slept perfectly. Highly recommended! Salento is a cute village, by the way, and the hike in Valle de Cocora GREAT!

Buddha Hostel Medellin

Medellin, Colombia

Very social hostel. Interior features lots of curiosities. Great wifi that also works in the upstairs dorms. Hostel seems to be mainly run by volunteers. That really adds to the social factor of the hostel, but makes the hostel less of a source of information for traveling in Colombia, since they don't know much more than you will know yourself...(Fair warning) Location is not ideal, walk to metro is about 20/25 minutes. But for having a great time with other travellers, highly recommended!

Excellent location in the historic center of Cartagena. Pretty small hostel, it has about 35 beds I guess. Unfortunately there are only 2 bathrooms for all these beds, so when 2 people are showering in the morning, you will have to hold your pee. Waiting lines not uncommon. Hostel can definitely use an extra toilet (without shower). That being said, staff is very friendly. WiFi and public compu available. Kitchen is basic but there. Tours are a bit overpriced. All in all not a bad place to stay.

Cielo Rojo Hostel Oaxaca

Oaxaca, Mexico

Definitely a good place to stay in Oaxaca. Hostel is clean and spacious and close to the center. It provides some lockers and has excellent breakfast. But above all, the two guys running the hostel are very kind and social, always in for a chat and willing to share all their knowledge about the city and surroundings. Wifi works very well, beds are decent enough (they just got new mattresses) and there are games and even a pool table in case you feel bored. Great social vibe! Recomended!

Massiosare El Hostel

Mexico City, Mexico

I find it hard rating this hostel. It is really small and has nice looks, but didn't really have the hostel vibe going on... Staff often isn't around and for instance breakfast got served only when they woke up. When my room finally got cleaned the cleaning lady found it necesary to take away the returnable bottles I collected next to my bed, but not to clean the toilet or finally give us new toilet paper. Priorities? Location is great though, it appears pretty safe and I had a relaxed stay.

We buy daily our continental breakfast, pastries and freshly squeezed juice, thats why breakfast varies in time, we dont serve out of the box breakfasts... About the bathroom issue, we will check out our cleaning schedule... thanks for the comments!

Hostel Airport Mexico DF

Mexico City, Mexico

This is an alright hostel if you want to stay close to the airport. You share the house of a Mexican family, that also use their living room as a restaurant for lunch. Hanging around in the common room might feel a bit awkward for this reason, but I guess most people won't stay here long anyways. Neighbourhood appears to be safe and airport is only 6 blocks (terminal 1). Pretty clean hostel, food and beer available on request. You can't use the kitchen however.