Mansion by Cheers Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
9th Apr 2016

Mansion by Cheers was an AWESOME place to stay in Istanbul! We got a private room for a great deal, and even got upgraded to a bigger room for free! The location can't be beat-- SO close to the great tourist attractions without being crazy in the thick of things. All the staff were super friendly and extremely helpful. The breakfast was delicious, our room was really nice, we never had any worries about security. We really just can't say enough good things! Thanks for a wonderful stay!

Owashi Lodge, Hokkaido Niseko, Japan
9th Apr 2015

Really good value for hostel prices! We got a private room with good basic amenities and the facilities definitely had everything we needed. The location can't be beat-- SO close to the slopes-- and we appreciated the discount on nearby ski rentals. The staff were super friendly and helpful and even let us check in early when our plans for the day changed a bit. The only small downside was commuting to the bathroom if you happen to be sleeping on a floor different from your gender's bathrooms.

7th Apr 2015

Spent a couple nights here with my husband as we did some late-season skiing/snowboarding in the area. This was a REALLY fun hostel and a very memorable part of our trip. The staff are super nice and took really good care of us, the hostel pets were fun to play with, the bunks are thoughtfully kitted out for backpackers, the facilities are fascinating and can easily provide days of entertainment if you never left them. My husband says that of all the hostels he's stayed in, this is his favorite!

EastInn, Taipei, Taiwan
14th Feb 2015

This was a really nice little hostel with a great location and remarkably clean and well kitted-out facilities. There was thorough security, the metro station is literally right out the front door, the staff were shy around english-speakers but very nice and helpful. The building that it's in is pretty old, but they keep the rooms and the bathrooms really clean and well-equipped. The rooms are definitely a bit small with thin walls, but the bed was super comfy. We enjoyed our stay very much!

Vagabonds, Belfast, Northern Ireland
3rd Aug 2014

This was a really cool hostel. We came after my man had just broken his collarbone, and the staff was really nice and helpful taking care of him. As it turned out the hostel even had a really nice disabled toilet, for which we were extremely grateful. There was good wifi and the beds were nice. All in all, a good place!

Salitre Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
19th Jul 2014

This was a very nice chill place a little out of the main city drag. The dorms were very comfortable and the staff were helpful.

Pension Montorena, Seville, Spain
17th Jul 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here! The location was awesome! Right in the middle of everything! The rooms were very well designed and the wifi was good. The bathrooms were nice, the balcony was perfect for enjoying a quick siesta and the staff went out of their way to help us out. Definitely an excellent place to stay in a beautiful city. We highly recommend it!

Emile Hostel, Gibraltar, Gibraltar
16th Jul 2014

I was a tad worried about this one cause it's percentage wasn't too high, but I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were friendly and helpful, the location was awesome, the dorms were well-used but clean and comfortable. It was by far the best deal on the Rock and we were quite glad we chose it.

Dar Bargach, Tangier, Morocco
13th Jul 2014

This was an extremely nice, very comfortable place. The staff were very kind and we were well looked after. The location in the medina was awesome. Our room was small but well equipped, the wifi was good, the rooftop was lovely, and we really enjoyed the breakfast! Definitely a great place to stay- we had a wonderful time.

Vertigo Centre, Marseille, France
11th Jul 2014

Very nice place- thoughtfully designed for hosteling and backpacking travelers. There was plenty of space for fun and socialization but even the large dorms were kept very quite at night, which we appreciated. The location was excellent with the station right there and it was a remarkably clean place. Overall- I quite enjoyed it.

Hostel Baccarat, Nice, France
10th Jul 2014

This was an interesting place and a tad confusing with two connecting buildings under different names. It was a good deal for an expensive area, and pretty well equipped. We were easily able to walk to and from the main drag of the city and the proximity to the main station was excellent.

Koa Wood Hale, Kailua-Kona, USA
8th Apr 2014

This was a pleasant little hostel that made for a good stopover before we headed out to camp elsewhere on the island. The staff were nice and helpful, and the location was perfect for our purposes. You definitely can't beat the price either, in a place like this. The beds were awesome (surprisingly comfy for a hostel) but some of the bathroom and kitchen facilities were on the dingy side. Nothing too scary, but still. And security was pretty lax-- I slept with my pack, just for good measure.

The Old Swan Barracks, Perth, Australia
6.9
31st Dec 2013

This was a big hostel nicely located in a historical building. It is clearly a large operation, though, so there are some things that fall through the cracks. The rooms lock but are kept open. The keys and locks are only available with a large deposit. It was chilly at night and my bed had no blanket (though it was meant to). Rules about mess, alcohol, quiet hours, etc, are not enforced. "Conditions apply" to wifi use and the charge for computers is huge. Not too bad, but overall disappointing.

Wombat Backpackers, Perth, Australia
25th Dec 2013

Very good hostel! We paid for bunks in a large dorm, but when there wasn't space available, we were upgraded to a private twin for free! Awesome! Good location-- close to the main drag but not too close. Free wifi- always a happy thing. Nice kitchen and cool cookware scheme! Also, we were treated to a free barbecue! Fantastic! In a country where everything is so expensive, free food made my day! The facilities are a tad dingy, but nothing unususal for a hostel. Had a great stay! Thanks!

Jimmy Jumps House/Hostel, Vilnius, Lithuania
8th Aug 2013

This was a really fun place to stay in an excellent location! Very nice facilities (stayed in the new section, cool!)! Awesome staff who were super helpful with everything including our many questions and even calling us a cab to the airport the night after we checked out. The party-hostel atmosphere isn't exactly my style, but they have posted quiet times and I even heard the staff reprimanding people who were being noisy after hours, which I appreciated. Thanks for a great stay!

MetroMM, Budapest, Hungary
27th Jul 2013

This was a good, cheap hostel in a nicely central location. The staff were very nice and helpful, and security was tight in a part of town that felt like that was important. Downside -- it was extremely hot in the dorms at night with no AC. Also, we chose this hostel largely because it advertised laundry service (since we were camping for most of this trip we wanted a break to do laundry) but the machine was broken and no alternative solutions were suggested when we asked. Disappointing.

Pepe Hostel, Warsaw, Poland
19th Jul 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this very pleasant, quiet, cheap, clean hostel. The facilities were great and the staff were super helpful with anything we needed, storing our bags for us when we had a late bus out and looking up routes for us when we were going sightseeing. I definitely give this hostel my wholehearted recommendation!

Terrace Hotel, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei
11th Apr 2013

The Terrace is exactly what you should expect for a fairly cheap, fairly old, mid-level hotel. It's not fancy, but you're not paying for fancy. Everything is a bit worn and run down, but functional, livable, and not offensive. I'd definitely consider it a perfectly acceptable option for anyone traveling on a budget.

City Public Hostel, Copenhagen, Denmark
9th Aug 2012

This was a fun and pretty chill place to stay in Copenhagen. With good proximity to the city (I walked the entire city from there-- didn't need public transport) and nice staff, it was definitely a good place for what you pay. The neighborhood gave me a bit of an iffy vibe, so as a single female traveler I made sure I was back in my room well before dark. Also, if you want to secure your baggage remember to bring locks. The big dorm rooms don't lock. Still, I had a good stay- pretty solid place.

Hotel Gamla Stan, Stockholm, Sweden
6th Aug 2012

This was a really cool place to spend a couple nights in Stockholm! The location simply can't be beat. The building is ancient and really cool and convoluted, the staff are super helpful, and the place has very acceptable facilities. Yep, it was an all-around great deal and I'm really glad I stayed there. I'd definitely recommend it to others and would stay there again myself if I'm ever in the city. Many thanks!

Reykjavik City Hostel, Reykjavik, Iceland
20th Jun 2012

This is a really excellent place to stay! Very nice facilities, good location, great atmosphere-- but the best thing was totally the staff. They were SUPER helpful and helped me with absolutely anything and everything I needed. Totally would stay here again! Thanks for an awesome stay!

It makes very happy to hear you liked us :) Thank you so much for your stay. We are happy that you enjoyed. Have a lovely inspiring day. Joachim, on behalf of City Hostel reception.

London Backpackers, London, England
16th Jun 2012

Had a great time here! Super fun place, fun staff, great price-- all around good time. As others have said, its a little ways out from the city center, but that's really not a problem as long as you have the Tube figured out and you time things right. Oh, and I love the triple bunk beds!