Location: England, Age: 32

New York Budget Inn

New York, USA

It is probably New York and I couldn't find a place better in Manhattan, but you feel this is more like a business than genuinely nice accommodation. The facilities are good and adequate, but the rooms are cramped and space is of premium - some of the toilets / bathrooms are pretty small. Then again, I think it is a New York thing - expensive (compared to Europe), tight with space, and a bit impersonal. I would suggest the hostel to consider converting the 4-bed dorm to 2/3-bed rooms.

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for your review. being located in Manhattan, space is a premium. We try to maximize our facility to the best we can while offering refrigerators, microwaves, desks, free lockers and other perks you typically don't find in other properties, to better enhance a guests stay. our main goal is to offer guests more then they would expect at a reasonable price, very reasonable for the New York City.

Hostel Han

Pristina, Kosovo

A very nice hostel, made out of a flat with 3 rooms and two bathrooms. It's easy to meet other travellers and the staff were brilliant. I like the fact that each room has a couch for people to sit on. It gives a homey feeling.

• 21st Apr 2014

City Hostel Prizren

Prizren, Kosovo

A decent hostel near the centre of town, facilities are adequate and the owner is nice enough to explain how things are in town. The room I stayed in was a little small but it's comfortable enough.

• 20th Apr 2014

Tirana Backpacker Hostel

Tirana, Albania

Really enjoyed my stay. It's a new hostel and the facilities are pretty good for Albania. The garden is fantastic to hang out with other travellers and I had a terrific time with them - and travelled around Tirana with a fair few.

• 17th Apr 2014

Spirit Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

Lovely stay in Spirit Hostel, every helpful staff, I like the attention to detail by the hostel management, also very clean facilities and a good residential location. A very homey hostel too as it's modelled from a residential flat. Highly recommended.

• 13th Aug 2013

Residence Rooms

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

An enjoyable stay over 3 nights. Good facilities and decent sized rooms, very sociable place with plenty of travellers. Very good location. A couple of cons - the bars downstairs don't go quiet until 1am and it's LOUD. Also for some reason the bed I was on one night was given to someone else, when I thought I would be on the same bed - I think they need to have a better system to keep track of who's on which bed. Otherwise it's a great place to be!

• 10th Aug 2013

Old Town Hostel

Zadar, Croatia

It's a great hostel and it's such a shame that my experience was ruined by the hot weather and lack to air flow at my particular bed in the non-AC 4-bed dorm. Then I realised the 8-bed dorm was actually air-conned and so I went in to sleep there for a few hours after some checked out at 5am. I'm sure it is a fine hostel any other time in the year, as otherwise the hostel was very satisfactory at a good location.

• 7th Aug 2013

Hostel Temza

Zagreb, Croatia

Cute little hostel close to train station and town. The staff was brilliant and the room was comfortable with air-con. It has a lounge close to the rooms and so it's quite sociable. Definitely recommended.

• 6th Aug 2013

DIC Hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Definitely great value for money, this huge university dorm provided a very nice stay for us, really happy about the facilities and the diligent staff. The big window in the room really helped us sleep at night at high temperatures!

• 3rd Aug 2013
  • Globetrotter

Very well run hostel close to the train station and short walk from town. Great clean facilities, highly recommended.

• 1st Aug 2013
  • Globetrotter

hi there. thanks for the feedback. working hard to get the perfect one next time. save travells. :)

The Tent Munich

Munich, Germany

Probably the most unique hostel one can stay. The 100-bed dorm is simply an incredible sight. I have to say at times it felt like the place was a bit understaffed - I remember waiting for 5 minutes just to put down my phone to charge, but overall I had a great stay. There was a guy making a lot of noise in the middle of night causing great nuisance, the staff dealt with it efficiently and called the police! Great credit to the management.

• 30th Jul 2013

Travellers Inn

Singapore, Singapore

A great hostel, very good location with good bus and MRT connections, great facilities and wonderful and friendly staff. Definitely recommended. One small improvement on the directions for those who want to go to this hostel - once you get to Allenby Street from Lavender Station, the hostel is at the left hand side of the street, on top of a Chinese eatery - you have to walk through this little restaurant to get to the hostel.

• 23rd Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thoroughly enjoyed my time in this hostel, air-conditioning came in handy in the intense heat of Shanghai. Great facilities with good (western style) toilets and good showers, although with the number of travellers the showers may be full at times. Location is great too with East Nanjing Road Station and the Bund a short walk away. You need to pay for breakfast but there are plenty of places for breakfast nearby (if you don't mind Chinese buds / simple bread in convenient stores).

• 1st Jul 2013
  • Hong Kong

A great hostel, plenty of travellers from all parts of China and the world, the bar is great and the location is great for Qingdao, with the station only 10 mins walk away. I suppose the facilities can be be renovated a bit better but I think it's perfectly adequate for Chinese standard. One thing I discovered though was that the 8-person dorm is so much bigger than the 7-bed one, which is a bit odd.

• 28th Jun 2013
  • Hong Kong

Nice hostel at the bottom of Taishan, a superb base for climbing the awesome mountain and a great place to meet other travellers from China - they are great to be with. The facilities are nice with ensuite bathrooms even for the dorms and the bed is comfortable enough. There are minor problems though that the hostel should fix in my opinion - for example the door to the dorms is without a handle, the bathroom without a bath which makes the toilet wet, & some small rusty holes at bathroom wall.

• 26th Jun 2013
  • Hong Kong

I enjoyed my stay in this hostel and in Beijing that I extended my stay! Facilities are fantastic, the people are really nice and all requests were dealt with, and I'm just so glad to have stayed in a courtyard hostel within the hutong, which is in a very local area so a great place to get a proper Beijing feeling. Met plenty of travellers too which was awesome. I would recommend it to anyone, and I would stay there again...

• 21st Jun 2013

Golden Gobi

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Probably my most pleasant stay in any hostel in the world - a well run hostel, fantastic tours organised, the place has a magical feeling that all travellers just mingle and share all kinds of wonderful travelling experience. In fact I have already recommended a few people heading to Ulaanbaatar to stay there. I suppose the facilities are pretty good in Mongolian standard, and I only have good things to say about the hospitality by the Golden Gobi team!

• 11th Jun 2013

Ulan Ude Travellers House

Ulan Ude, Russia

A real gem in the small city of Ulan Ude, it was a great place to meet other travellers, you might think it's a bit small but facilities are adequate, it has a really homey feeling and the owner was very friendly to us travellers. If I was going back to Ulan Ude I would stay there again.

• 9th Jun 2013

Godzillas Hostel

Moscow, Russia

Pluses: really good location and great staff, plus it's a great place to meet fellow travellers as it's really popular... Minuses: the place is a pit cramped, I think the 4-bed dorm is a bit small to be honest. One thing to be aware: another traveller and I were not given the migration card when entering Russia. Without this the hostel will refuse to check you in. I can understand a reputable hostel such as this will want to go by the book, but I thought I could've been told by the hostel.

• 29th May 2013
  • Hong Kong

Really nice stay at the Wombats, really well run hostel with great facilities, huge rooms which you'd never feel really cramped.

• 20th May 2013
  • Globetrotter

A fantastic hostel, comfortable rooms and beds, nice en-suite bathroom, lots of common area, it is a very well run hostel as well. One of the best city hostels I've ever stayed in.

• 15th Mar 2012

Central Globetrotter Hostel

Leipzig, Germany

Basic accommodation, but good value for money. Good location (very close to Hauptbahnhof), a nice old (somewhat Communist) style of building but you get more than what you pay for. A comfortable bed and clean room guaranteed a very nice sleep for me.

• 29th Sep 2011

Kangaroo-Stop

Dresden, Germany

Excellent value for money - great location (next to the Neustadt train station and only a short walk from the Altstadt), spacious rooms, good facilities in the common area, and very clean as well.

• 28th Sep 2011

Cinnamon Hostel

Wroclaw, Poland

There seemed to be a lack of facilities, only one shower for all the guys was clearly not enough, and it wasn't a very clean shower either. Also make sure you have a clear map to find this place as the address itself was not enough for me. I walked up and down the street trying to find the door number in vain! Staff was helpful enough though and there was a problem with electricity which was fixed very promptly.

• 26th Sep 2011
  • Globetrotter

Hi Yue-Hang! We made corrections in the directions to the hostel so it is easier to find. In front of the building there is a big sign of our hostel as well as a big number "67" which is our address, really hard to miss now! Hope to see you next time! Take care. P.s. The shower has been rebuilt so it should be clean enough :)

Dina's Guesthouse

Lagos, Portugal

Good value for money, the only problem being not having enough light or heating in the apartment. There was also a small leak of water dropping from the ceiling onto the bed. I hope these are easy things for the owners to fix!

Thanks for your comment. The water from the ceiling was a problem which hapened just once because it rained continuously for two days.

Hotel Sol Algarve

Faro, Portugal

Very nice room in a good location, close to centre of Faro, bus and train stations. Very good value for money.