Location is the worst. Everywhere I wanted to go I had to get a bus to Old Town and there take another - wasting of time and very annoying! The hostel could be more attentive giving directions too: I received a yellow paper that indicates that there is a bus to Cabrillo Monument on saturday and I found out - by the worst way - that the bus doesn't run that day. In the end,a receptionist told me to get a bus one mile from the hostel - but she forgot to say that I'd have a hill to climb.

• 6th Jun 2013

HI - Monterey Hostel

Monterey, USA

It's a great hostel, located in the central of Monterey. You can walk to the Aquarium, restaurants, gift shops and even bars at night! Good bunks, waffles for breakfast, helping staff. I was a bit afraid of staying in a shared room with 12 people, but I felt that the curfew is important for that. Once it started, it was very calm everywhere and I could rest very well. But it didn't mean that I didn't enjoy my night before that.. Definitely recommended!

• 24th May 2013

Bayside Inn

Monterey, USA

This motel is ok: clean, good location (if you have a car), parking, friendly staff. The room was great, including a microwave and a small fridge. They could improve the breakfast...

• 23rd May 2013

Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab)

Brussels, Belgium

Some people from the staff was very pleasant but others... I think the breakfast was great but it is for early birds!! Simple, but they offer exactly what I need: fruit, bread, butter, cheese, salami, cornflakes, milk, orange juice, hot chocolate or coffee. Perfect.

• 30th Jun 2012

Oliver St. John Gogarty

Dublin, Ireland

The hostel is great, but I think you can improve the breakfast (fruits, juices, cheese, ham, eggs would be good). I know it was not a hostel's fault, but I had terrible roommates in my last night... noisy and inconvenient women! 24 years old and behaved like drunk teenagers! Ugh! The brazilian guy on the reception desk could be a bit more polite. I graded you very well in this point just because the other people who works there.

• 15th Jun 2012