Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 25

Biergarten Hostel

Ilha Grande, Brazil

Biergarten is a wonderful hostel. The staff are very helpful and nice, and beds are extremely comfortable, they have air conditioning which really helps at night, hammocks to relax in and a delicious breakfast. Of all the hostels on the island it seems to be the best value for your money, balancing price and services. One of the best hostels that I have ever stayed at. Highly recommended.

WE Hostel Design

Sao Paulo, Brazil

This is hands down the nicest hostel I have ever been to. The breakfast is incredible. The most delicious scrambled eggs that I have ever tasted, fresh fruit, juice, granola, toast, meat, cheese, cake, the list goes on. The beds are extremely comfortbable, everything in the hostel is extremely clean, and the staff are very friendly. The hostel is also a GREAT value for the money, and is located in a nice neighborhood. Highly recommended.

Art Factory

Buenos Aires, Argentina

This is an excellent hostel. Its extremely clean, has a lots of bathrooms so you never have to wait, has EXCELLENT staff that are always helpful, attentive, and fun, and is a good value for your money. Its a relaxed environment, so you can choose to rest and be quiet, or go to the rooftop and drink and be social. The breakfast has lots of options, but I would suggest that they add some fruit to the menu. The location is very accessible. Overall, this hostel is highly recommended.

Unplugged Hostel Pocitos

Montevideo, Uruguay

We really enjoyed staying at this hostel. It has a great location, in a relaxed neighborhood, but near bars and restaurants, near the beach, and quick bus ride to the center. The staff are incredible, and really make you feel like you are among friends. The hostel is very comfortable, has great vibes, and is really conducive to meeting people. The only recommendation would be to install fans, as the one day is was hot it was hard to sleep. Overall, this hostel is highly RECOMMENDED.

• 22nd Dec 2012

Hey ! Thanks for recommending the hostel! hope to see you again. Unplugged Staff

Buenos Aires, Argentina

We enjoyed this hostel, as it has a wonderful rooftop bar, is very clean, and has a nice kitchen and a good breakfast. Some of the staff members are absolutely WONDERFUL, helpful and kind. Others dont really seem to care at all about the visitors, which kind of ticked me off at times. They also had weird rules about when we could turn the air conditioning on, which makes sense, except that it wasnt consistent and random. Good hostel, but some of the staff need a change in attitude and policies.

Hostal Casa Valparaiso

Valparaiso, Chile

We stayed at this hostel for 5 nights, and we loved every minute of it. The location is excellent, and for the area it is by far the best price. The staff is amazing, and Jorge is always available to answer questions and give great suggestions. The breakfast is great; eggs, fresh fruit juice, rolls, cookies and coffee. It has a good common area to hang out in. The beds are BY FAR the most COMFORTABLEE BEDS of any hostel I have ever been in. We really felt at home in this hostel. RECOMMENDED.

Hostel Estacion Mendoza

Mendoza, Argentina

The staff were very nice and helpful. The hostel is right near the bus station, which is great for those who want to be able to walk to catch their bus. It is also not too far from the center, so its not really an inconvenience at all. The pool was alright, but it didnt look clean enough for me to want to use it. Also, when we arrived, they gave us a tour and when we got to our room, they were still cleaning it, which was strange. Overall, good value, but not the worlds best hostel.

7 Duendes Twin Hostel

Salta, Argentina

This was a lovely hostel, with friendly staff and a really comfortable, family feel. It was a great value for the money, and it made you feel like you were at your house, which can be a relief for those traveling for many months. It is a more quiet hostel, locating a bit farther from the city center than other hostels, but in a safe and quiet neighborhood, which is great for those looking for some down time. Recommended.

Mendoza Inn

Mendoza, Argentina

Hostel Suites Palermo

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Very early in the morning, around 8 every day, there was a group of staff members basically standing outside my door talking. This is really my only complaint about the hostel, was that I couldn't sleep, and not because of other guests, but because of the staff. In all other ways I was completely satisfied. The staff we friendly, the location was safe, everything was clean, etc.