Trinity College Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

Great place to stay as an alternative to a hostel or hotel. Close to Temple Bar and central Dublin, but far enough to avoid e noise and traffic. Historic college, lots to see on the grounds, nice breakfast and some pubs very close away from the tourist areas. Great helpfull staff!

While a bit out of central London's tourist sights, the campus is modern and secure, staff very professional and its a short walk to bus and underground stations at Mile End. The rooms are student housing , basic but cleaned daily and a short walk to the dining hall. As far as the area I arrived at 3am on a bus and walked to campus and never felt unsafe. To get to central London is about 15 minutes on the tube.

2kronor Hostel - Vasastan

Stockholm, Sweden

Great hostel in good area, was there over a week and liked the surrounding area. Would stay again. My only issues were a large group of school kids showed up the last night, it was a bit of a zoo, and its a small hostel and I think most of the guests were there for a relaxed quieter stay. They were quiet after 1130 but Would have been nice to at least to have been informed they were coming . Other than that it was an excellent place.

CheapSleep Helsinki

Helsinki, Finland

Its clean secure and a place to sleep, large common area but its more like a transient hotel, when I was there seemed like lots of long termers looking for work. Kitchen has one sink, not good in such a large hostel. Other than that its fine, and easy to get into town. my room had a few guys who had been there way too long, stuff everywhere, and a couple who apparently thought that we would all enjoy their romantic activities. Not the hostels fault, just its a mixed bag of people.

Baby Lemonade Hostel

St Petersburg, Russia

Nice small hostel, very excelllent staff, very clean, secure,close to everything, good cafe/bar downstairs, but mellow place. Staff really want to make your stay enjoyable and can help you out and set you up for some great local history. The hostel is a bit cramped and small common area. Can be a bit noisy late if you are in the dorm next to reception but stil I extended my stay without hesitation. Baby Lemonade would be my choice if I returned to St P. Good mix of guests.

Trans-Sib Hostel

Irkutsk, Russia

There was a mixup about my booking and arrival, but once it was sorted all was great, the building itself is a bit drab outside but next to a nice park, inside the hostel is more like a cozy house, very clean and relaxing, I more of less had it to myself. As it's slow season, still snowing! Make sure you confirm your booking a few days ahead of arrival, if it's the off season. The couple that own it are really great and will help you with everything, I would stay here again for sure!

Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

I did not stay at the Lavender area Green Kiwi as I had originaly booked. My booking had been cancelled (no fault of the hostel)and the friendly staff there sent me to the Green Kiwi near Arab Street, where i stayed and really enjoyed it! It was in great location and could not ask for better. Kudos to the excellent staff! I only gave security avg as not sure everyone in the hostel actually was staying there, the door to the dorm was often not locked at night, even though everyone gets a key.

HI - Boston Hostel

Boston, USA

Maybe the best hostel in the USA, and one of the best Ive stayed in anywhere, hopefully it will set the standard. Great building and location, very close to subway and train, and close to many sights in Boston. The kitchen could use some organizing for free breakfast though, everyone trying to get everything at the same time, just a zoo.

City YMCA, London

Is the YMCA, not the hilton, but in a central,location, safe and close to tube station. Good meals there, included in your cost, and staff helpful. Don't expect much from wi-fi, doesn't work that well, and not in the rooms. Can get noisy from groups but still, I would stay there again.

Istanbul Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Excellent location, staff good and good restaurant on the terrace. Only issues here are it can be quite noisy outside if you are on ground floor, people sit right outside the dorm windows and talk all nite. Can't close window in summer or youll sweat all night- there are are no fans, or ones that work anyway. Both of these things need to be fixed. That said its much quieter here than the other main street, and you're in the still near everything .

Very nice place to stay near the Li River. Busy during day, Very quiet town at night, and amazing scenery right from the balcony. Lots of shops in the small town of Zingping. The staff does daily activities such as hiking the local area,And organizing trips to other places. well worth the time. Hostel has plenty to do but if you're into party scene go elsewhere, this is for those who want to enjoy the rural and river scenery and meet like minded travelers from everywhere.

Hey, we are so happy to see these words. THX!! It's fun to have those trekkings with you guys and thank you so much for the encouragement. (btw, your pretty board is really impressive!!)

Beijing Leo Hostel 2

Beijing, China

This is a very cool place in a great part of the city. Very historic, and quiet, yet all the excitement you want down the road. Lots of great places to eat, and very close to everything. Staff is great here, and I very much enjoyed my stay, if I come back to Beijing it will be my first choice!