A Scalinatella

Amalfi, Italy

A Scalinatella means 'little stairs' and this town and hostel has plenty of them so if you are carrying heavy suitcases bear that in mind. Atrani is a small town with a lovely village plaza and a real feeling of community and the hostel also has this lovely part of the community feel. Philippe is an excellent mine host and went that extra mile fir me when Ii was leaving early to catch the first bus out by giving me my breakfast in a paper bag. Highly recommended.

Resort Campogaio

Sorrento, Italy

I loved my little cabin high up on a hill overlooking the little beach below where I went swimming most days. I wasn't quite so impressed when I booked the shuttle to take heavy suitcase back up to reception and pay-out on the final day and it didn't arrive leaving me toiling up the hill in the hot sun.

HI De Draecke Gent

Gent, Belgium

This is a huge fairly automated hostel - standard hostel fare - little of the cozy, personal atmosphere but cheap and convenient.

Vanalinna Hostel

Haapsalu, Estonia

I have been travelling for 10 weeks now and stayed in many, many hostels along the way and this hostel gets my number 1 prize......it's exceptionally clean, the kitchen and sitting room are comfortable and spacious and best of all, I had the dorm to myself. And the old town where the hostel is to be found is wonderfully atmospheric - it's like stepping back into medieval time as I looked out of my bedroom window onto the castle walls and heard the church bells tolling in the distance.

Old Town Alur Hostel

Tallinn, Estonia

The hostel has an A 1 location being situated in the beautiful old city of Tallinn - the staff were helpful and the kitchen and sitting room were both spacious. However the management could pay a bit more attention to detail e.g the lock to room no. 15 didn't 't lock and the curtains in room no. 4 were broken and didn't work either. The beds on dorm no 4 creaked loudly whenever anyone rolled over and the pillow looked as though many heads had slept on them Perhaps a bit of refurbishment?

Hello, thank you very much for your feedback, is always important for us to hear from our costumers, as is important for us to let you know that we always took this comments in consideration and take action about them. We fixed this maintenance problems you mention as soon as we found them, and sorry this affect your stay with us. Hope you had a great time in Tallinn.

Old Town Alur Hostel

Tallinn, Estonia

What is spectacular about Hostel Alur is its location inside the walls of the old city of Tallinn. The staff were friendly and helpful and the kitchen and living area were spacious. However management need to do a bit of refurbishment. The bunks in room 4 creaked whenever anybody rolled over, the curtains were dangling on a thread and did not work and the lock on the door of the private room 15 did not work either.......there were no curtains at all in this room.

Hostel Stadion

Helsinki, Finland

I really enjoyed this hostel because it is big, roomy and has plenty of facilities - it is a short tram ride away from the city. the only problem I had was in finding the place when I first arrived......it is tucked in away from the Main Street.

BackPacker's Republic

St Petersburg, Russia

The staff were fantastic- friendly, helpful,always went 'the extra mile' for their guests. It was super clean and the breakfast was good with real eggs too! But the hostel itself is cramped with a tiny kitchen and sitting room facilities consist of three child's beanbags decoratively arranged against the wall in the entrance.

London Backpackers

Friendly,helpful staff and one of the very few backpackers which actually advertises a single room -mainly only travelling couples are catered for. The kitchen, however, is only a 'token kitchen' with on table for all the inmates. Standing room only at breakfast time - it reminded me of one of those Hungarian workers cafes in the seventies!

Ringos Foyer Guest House

Melaka, Malaysia

This hostel was remarkable for the affability and warmth of Howard whi the perfect 'mine host' to run a hostel. He makes such an effort it include everybody and introduce everybody and amazingly can remember everybody's names. As a result of this and the fact that it is a big rambling place with plenty of common areas there is a very friendly convivial atmosphere and when I was there guests were going out to eat together etc.

Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Actually I damaged my back here on the low bunkbeds made for small Asians and the hard mattress .....you have to kind of roll on your side to get out of bed. Everything in this hostel is in the very cramped Singaporean style ....6 stools at a breakfast bar is what counts for a common room, no kitchen or any tea making facilities, no room for your luggage in the squashy dormitories.......which also must make for a health hazard as you trip over everybody's belongings.

Hostal Arroyo

Granada, Spain

Hostel Arroyo has as much warmth and welcome as a slap in the face with a wet towel. I arrived hot and tired to then had to walk my back pack up 4 flights of stairs without a lift and a handrail on the top floor which would not pass any sort of safety regulations. It shook when I put my hand on it. When I asked for some hot water I was told "This is a hostel. Just a bed and a shower". Well that is certainly all I got. It was very clean but I think you could do a lot better than Hostal Arroyo.