Cairngorm Lodge Youth Hostel, Aviemore, Scotland
11th Jul 2016

Really enjoyed my stay at Glenmore Cairngorm Lodge.............the Hostel has that oh so Scottish feel about it and the location is superb. I walked around the loch and up over the mountains and got on a steam train walking back to the hostel from one of the small stations. It is spacious with a comfy lounge, big kitchen and big rooms. In fact, it is like a hotel without the price tag.

Underwoods Zabljak Guesthouse, Zabljak, Montenegro
21st May 2016

A big thank you to Peter and all his family for such a kind and hospitable welcome into your lovely family home in Zabljek, Montenegro. Peter's Mum is such a good cook! I enjoyed my time there walking around the Black Lake and going rafting, even though it was a bit scary because it had been raining solidly for two days and the water was very high. It was lovely to talk to all members of the family, even though I have zero language. I would recommend this hostel to anyone.

The Lawn Guest House, Gatwick, England
28th May 2015

Very friendly reception staff who definitely "went the extra mile" for me when my taxi did a no show at 4.30 am in the morning and they booked a replacement for me.

Smart Place Gare du Nord, Paris, France
30th Oct 2014

There are so many beds crammed into each room that there was no room left for my suitcase........but it has a kitchen with a microwave and kettle so that is good for making a cup of tea and simple meal. Also an excellent location.

Thank you for taking time sharing your impressions. Regarding the luggage storage, there is a luggage room downstairs where you can store your luggage before check-in, during your stay, and after your check-out. Every room now has lockers so that you can keep your important belongings in your room. We are glad you enjoyed the kitchen facilities and the location of the hostel near the Sacré Coeur Basilica and the famous Moulin Rouge. Safe travels and see you soon at Smartplace Paris.

A Scalinatella, Amalfi, Italy
28th Aug 2014

A Scalinatella means 'little stairs' and this town and hostel has plenty of them so if you are carrying heavy suitcases bear that in mind. Atrani is a small town with a lovely village plaza and a real feeling of community and the hostel also has this lovely part of the community feel. Philippe is an excellent mine host and went that extra mile fir me when Ii was leaving early to catch the first bus out by giving me my breakfast in a paper bag. Highly recommended.

Resort Campogaio, Sorrento, Italy
24th Aug 2014

I loved my little cabin high up on a hill overlooking the little beach below where I went swimming most days. I wasn't quite so impressed when I booked the shuttle to take heavy suitcase back up to reception and pay-out on the final day and it didn't arrive leaving me toiling up the hill in the hot sun.

HI De Draecke Gent, Gent, Belgium
7.4
21st Aug 2014

This is a huge fairly automated hostel - standard hostel fare - little of the cozy, personal atmosphere but cheap and convenient.

Vanalinna Hostel, Haapsalu, Estonia
2nd Sep 2013

I have been travelling for 10 weeks now and stayed in many, many hostels along the way and this hostel gets my number 1 prize......it's exceptionally clean, the kitchen and sitting room are comfortable and spacious and best of all, I had the dorm to myself. And the old town where the hostel is to be found is wonderfully atmospheric - it's like stepping back into medieval time as I looked out of my bedroom window onto the castle walls and heard the church bells tolling in the distance.

Old Town Alur Hostel, Tallinn, Estonia
1st Sep 2013

The hostel has an A 1 location being situated in the beautiful old city of Tallinn - the staff were helpful and the kitchen and sitting room were both spacious. However the management could pay a bit more attention to detail e.g the lock to room no. 15 didn't 't lock and the curtains in room no. 4 were broken and didn't work either. The beds on dorm no 4 creaked loudly whenever anyone rolled over and the pillow looked as though many heads had slept on them Perhaps a bit of refurbishment?

Hello, thank you very much for your feedback, is always important for us to hear from our costumers, as is important for us to let you know that we always took this comments in consideration and take action about them. We fixed this maintenance problems you mention as soon as we found them, and sorry this affect your stay with us. Hope you had a great time in Tallinn.

Old Town Alur Hostel, Tallinn, Estonia
31st Aug 2013

What is spectacular about Hostel Alur is its location inside the walls of the old city of Tallinn. The staff were friendly and helpful and the kitchen and living area were spacious. However management need to do a bit of refurbishment. The bunks in room 4 creaked whenever anybody rolled over, the curtains were dangling on a thread and did not work and the lock on the door of the private room 15 did not work either.......there were no curtains at all in this room.

Hostel Stadion, Helsinki, Finland
30th Aug 2013

I really enjoyed this hostel because it is big, roomy and has plenty of facilities - it is a short tram ride away from the city. the only problem I had was in finding the place when I first arrived......it is tucked in away from the Main Street.

BackPacker's Republic, St Petersburg, Russia
25th Aug 2013

The staff were fantastic- friendly, helpful,always went 'the extra mile' for their guests. It was super clean and the breakfast was good with real eggs too! But the hostel itself is cramped with a tiny kitchen and sitting room facilities consist of three child's beanbags decoratively arranged against the wall in the entrance.

London Backpackers, London, England
17th Jul 2013

Friendly,helpful staff and one of the very few backpackers which actually advertises a single room -mainly only travelling couples are catered for. The kitchen, however, is only a 'token kitchen' with on table for all the inmates. Standing room only at breakfast time - it reminded me of one of those Hungarian workers cafes in the seventies!

Ringos Foyer Guest House, Melaka, Malaysia
24th Oct 2012

This hostel was remarkable for the affability and warmth of Howard whi the perfect 'mine host' to run a hostel. He makes such an effort it include everybody and introduce everybody and amazingly can remember everybody's names. As a result of this and the fact that it is a big rambling place with plenty of common areas there is a very friendly convivial atmosphere and when I was there guests were going out to eat together etc.

Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel, Singapore, Singapore
6.3
18th Oct 2012

Actually I damaged my back here on the low bunkbeds made for small Asians and the hard mattress .....you have to kind of roll on your side to get out of bed. Everything in this hostel is in the very cramped Singaporean style ....6 stools at a breakfast bar is what counts for a common room, no kitchen or any tea making facilities, no room for your luggage in the squashy dormitories.......which also must make for a health hazard as you trip over everybody's belongings.

Hostal Arroyo, Granada, Spain
5.7
7th Jun 2012

Hostel Arroyo has as much warmth and welcome as a slap in the face with a wet towel. I arrived hot and tired to then had to walk my back pack up 4 flights of stairs without a lift and a handrail on the top floor which would not pass any sort of safety regulations. It shook when I put my hand on it. When I asked for some hot water I was told "This is a hostel. Just a bed and a shower". Well that is certainly all I got. It was very clean but I think you could do a lot better than Hostal Arroyo.