Toad Hall

Arenal, Costa Rica

I arrived late expecting to crash early in the dorms. The owner, Jeff, was extremely welcoming and as it was a quiet night, he let me stay in one of the suites without the expectation of a higher rate.The facilities are absolutely beautiful with a breathtaking view of lake Arenal and the volcano. It's one of the most interesting places I've been and I cannot rave enough about how kind and generous the staff is. It's a green friendly place with so much charm. Highly recommend as a must see!!

In&basic Hostel Lounge

San Jose, Costa Rica

I came in late and had a transfer arranged by the hostel which was wonderful at 2 am. I had such a nice stay and met some amazing people. The only complaint I have is really about the location. I met a bunch of fellow travelers and we wanted to have drinks outside or on the back patio on a friday night, but apparently the neighbors complain about the noise often. If a few tipsy, well behaved travelers are problematic, the hostel might do better as a B&B.

Dear Travellers: The Hostel have Silent Hours starting at 11 pm; anyway I did let you have drinks and more until 12:45 pm at the back patio; and later on; all you guys Tipsy and drunk continue the drinking and talking -very loud- until 2.20 am! You must write the true events; also that I got you having sex in the bathroom minutes later. So here is my public complain Several of the guests misbehaved themselves, you included. All the best!! XOXO Paula

KEX Hostel

Reykjavik, Iceland

Fantastic hostel! Helpful front desk staff, immaculately clean, amazing other people staying there, and a good location. HIGHLY RECOMMEND>

• 12th Jan 2014
  • Globetrotter

Dar Rabha

Fez, Morocco

Nice, clean and cozy. We had a wonderful stay and would recommend it highly.

Rainbow Marrakech

Marrakech, Morocco

This is one of the best hostels I've been to. Close enough to the main square to have excellent access, but quiet at night and great social scene. Awesome!

Elephant Backpacker Sydney

Sydney, Australia

Half the bathrooms didn't work, our door didn't lock and the room wasn't particularly clean. Good social scene, but some of the ppl there were pretty scuzzy. Would not recommend.

BackHome Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Nice place to stay.

Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Great hostel! Helpful staff, good location, fun people and great facilities. Would highly recommend.

Kool Backpacker Hostel

Phuket, Thailand

I had so much fun at this hostel. Amazing location if you want to be close to the craziness. Staff very helpful and nice and social place with fun people. Great time!

Dancing Elephant N1 Party Hostel

Koh Phangan, Thailand

What a crazy place! I went for the full moon party and shared a room with 39 other people in orgy style long rows of beds joined on top without spaces! It was fairly safe, very close to the beach and had fun staff! Such an experience- would recommend just for the stories.

Koh Tao Backpackers Hostel

Koh Tao, Thailand

Cheap, clean, near everything. Would recommend. Dove with the associated diving company. Would not recommend.

Jinta City Hostel

Koh Samui, Thailand

Basically a hotel, not a hostel.

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

Fantastic place, great location, staff wonderful. You won't be disappointed.

Deejai Backpacker

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great place! Would highly recommend. Staff very helpful and such an amazing place!

City Hostel Seattle

Seattle, USA

Probably the best hostel I've been to in the US. Nice place with great vibe and personality. Nice staff. I had a smelly roommate but otherwise great experience.

Possibly because it was the off season, but this hostel was deserted, staffed by surly people and lacking in any sort of friendly vibe. I've stayed in many hostels and I was truly disappointed in this one.The house is beautiful and right across from the Minnesota institute of art, but the welcome the staff gave was terrible. They were not helpful in picking a restaurant or things to do and they just ignored my presence. The entire house is covered in "do not do this or we kick you out signs" Ugh

There are only two signs hung in the house that threaten eviction, both related to house security.

Czech Inn

Prague, Czech Republic

Fantastic hostel!!! Best bathrooms i\'ve ever seen! Perhaps ever. Beds are so soft, but I did rip my jeans coming down off the top bunk- don\'t skip the last step... lol. Strongly recommended and don\'t worry about getting a big room, the people are really nice!

Patio Hostel

Bratislava, Slovakia

Nice place, and good amenities. BTW- you should go to the Slovak Pub- a 5 min walk away for all meals. Absolutely the best food I have had this trip and really cheap. I would stay there again, very clean.

Camping La Sfinge

Cinque Terre, Italy

Be sure you get to Deiva Marina before 9 pm! we missed a train and ended up hiking 3km to the place. Fairly boring and early to be sort of place. Stay in Riamaggiore if you want to hike the trails in the Cinque Terre. Too far away.

Al Ponte

Padua, Italy

Great if you want a quiet and very authentic experience, but pretty far outside the city center. Lonnng walk. Take the bus. Nice people, and we ended up with the entire top floor to ourselves with a great balcony overlooking the city.

Wurzburg, Germany

Nice place, and very close to everything (especially the train station!). We did have a crazy British guy come and steal my friend\'s pillow at 4 in the morning, but besides that it was a really good place!

Pegasus Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Besides the fun factor, I really enjoyed this place. Very accessible from the S-bahn and in the middle of the East side of town. Nice hostel.

Balmers Herberge

Interlaken, Switzerland

I\'ve been to a lot of hostels and I have to say that this was one of my favorites! Fantastic staff- and some sexy ones- fun atmosphere, great bar downstairs, and good breakfast. I cannot recommend this place strongly enough!

Soul Backpackers Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

Not too much to write home about. Ok place, honestly don\'t remember too much about it.

Hotel le Petit Trianon

Nice, France

Not my favorite hostel of all times, but a very interesting experience! The lady that ran the place was very strange and there were a lot of steps involved to get up there. Wouldn\'t strongly recommend, but not terrible.

La Dolce Vita

Cinque Terre, Italy

I absolutely loved this place both times I stayed. Perfect location, nice staff, and good accommodations. Met the most interesting people each time and had an amazing experience!

Hostel Sampaoli

Florence, Italy

Ok place. Clean and very close to everything, but not all that interesting. It\'s a hotel so no sense of community like in hostels. Florence is great so you won\'t be there much anyhow!

Fabric Hostel & Club

Naples, Italy

Great hostel!! Was a bit scary getting to at night, but what an amazing place! Good location, not far from circumvesuvia and Herculaneum!