Bada Bing Hostel Istanbul

Istanbul, Turkey

I have used Bada Bing as my home base for over a month of travel around Turkey and the Balkans. Whenever I come back it feels like home. The staff, location and vibe are all top notch. The rooftop bar/lounge kicks ass and really helps to form community between travelers. I regularly notice new guest's surprise at how close everybody is. They ask, "so are you guys travelling together?" We say, "No. We just met a few days ago." ...Quack

Street Backpackers Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Staying at Street was a real pleasure to stay at. The hosts were the most hospitable of my whole experience in Vietnam. I would absolutely recommend staying there based on my stay and the location.

Nhi Trung Hotel

Hoi An, Vietnam

Every part of my stay at Nhi Trung was great. The feel of the place was luxurious and the best part of Hoi An (the old quarter) was about a block away. I was very happy with the staff. They accomodated my needs with a smile and made me feel comfortable from the moment I arrived. Plus, the A/C worked great!

AJ's House

Langkawi, Malaysia

Out of the tourist bustle in a great part of Langkawi north of the airport. Tucked in with locals with a view of the water from the upstairs balcony, AJ's stands head and shoulders above other hotels if you want the real Lankawi. We got scooters from the laundromat around the corner for less than RM30 per day. They worked great and we were able to get anywhere on the island quickly and safely.

• 16th Jan 2013