Really enjoyed the experience of sleeping in a capsule, though the hotel has other 'normal' rooms too. The capsule rooms just feel like unusual dorms. Dorm and public bath were clean. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly, even at 4 in the morning when we decided to venture to Tsukiji. I'll definitely recommend this place in the future. Great location for exploring Asakusa and Sky Tree.

• 9th Feb 2014

Ace Inn Shinjuku

Tokyo, Japan

We stayed at a very unfortunate time - it was snowing and the hostel had a power cut. They offered us a full refund or half price stay. Since it was already midnight and snowing we stayed. Considering the circumstances, the staff handled all of our problems/questions pretty well.

• 8th Feb 2014
  • Japan

Fantastic hostel in a very nice district of Osaka. The hostel is really near Fukushima station, and Umeda is in walking distance (if you like walking). I only met one member of staff and she was lovely and very helpful. When I came back to the hostel on Friday night there was a party going on, and everyone was very friendly. Excellent facilities and very welcoming, I'll definitely be back!

Thank you very much for your comment! We are glad you liked our Friday party:) Hope to see you again soon! Thank you!

Matsuyama Youth Hostel

Matsuyama Dogo Spa, Japan

Nice place. You can tell that it has had many guests, it seems as though the hostel itself is well travelled with all the objects and things on the walls. It's cluttered but in a charming way. We were in a traditional tatami room, which was very clean and had a kotatsu and an AC heater. We needed to be in Dogo so it was a convenient location for us. I'd stay here again because it was very cheap!

• 2nd Dec 2013

Fantastic hostel. The staff were really nice and even put up with my bad Japanese. Everything looks brand new and clean. The showers are great. There common area is small, but there's a lovely café downstairs. The bedrooms are huge, and each bunkbed feels like a castle. I'll be recommending this place to all my friends!

Guesthouse Naramachi

Nara, Japan

Absolutely lovely hostel in a beautiful little building. The common area is really charming and is very clean (as are the dorms). The only downside is that there's only one shower, but if you get your name on the rota as soon as you arrive, it shouldn't be an issue. I'll definitely stay there again when I'm next in Nara.

• 23rd Nov 2013

Akicafe Inn Guesthouse

Hiroshima, Japan

Very clean hostel with everything we needed. I did, however, think that during the day anyone could have walked into the hostel and into the dorms without anyone noticing, but maybe there were cameras I didn't know about.

Equity Point London

We had a double room, which was very clean (smelt like the entire thing had been bleached, but hey- no dirt!). The bathroom was tiny, but fine. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was a nice addition!

Ciao Hostel

Florence, Italy

Extremely clean bathrooms and kitchens. Not really enough bathrooms for each "apartment" when it's fully booked, but not a major problem. It feels very much like a hotel. I'd recommend it to people travelling in a group of 4+, but other than that it's not a particularly great place to meet people. It's close to the station but about 20-25 minutes walk from most tourist attractions.

A well-located, clean, spacious hostel. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and always present if you needed them. It would be nice to have a hob to cook on but a microwave is better than nothing, of course! I stayed for 3 nights and I'd certainly stay there again if passing through Pisa.

Hotel Benvenuti

Florence, Italy

We had a three bed private for one night. It was clean and in good order. Bathroom facilities are good. There were no facilities such as a kettle in the room, but it was very cheap so I wouldn't complain! The only thing I would complain about is how far the walk is from the centre. It's further than it sounds in the description from the station...

David Inn

Florence, Italy

Excellent location - really close to the Duomo. Staff generally helpful (one much more than the other). Dorm was clean, though shower in the dorm got dirty quickly because it didnt drain very well... No real common area other than the tiny kitchen, which was a shame. But I'd stay here again because overall it was pretty good!