The Cozyness Downtown Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

Very friendly and helpful stuff. The room I stayed in was very silent, and I had a perfect sleep with no disturbing sounds - this is my #1 requirement in any hostel. The hostel itself is located in a quiet residential area, but not far from the city center. Good value for money.

Hostel One Paralelo

Barcelona, Spain

The best hostel experiences I have had in Barcelona. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast available until 12am, and the donation-encouraged dinner was excellent. Loved the fact that dinner was vegetarian, and that meat was only offered as an option for those who wanted it. Very close to the metro station and easy to find. They also have a freely available guitar too. Loved the terrace.

Sant Jordi Mambo Tango

Barcelona, Spain

On the first time I stayed in this hostel, the atmosphere was a lot better and it seemed more cozy. On my second stay I felt that it was different, that the place lost character and focus and that it became more impersonal, more of a typical genetic hostel that fits not offer the value for money.

Home Made Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Very friendly and welcoming personnel. Cosy. While being located in the central area no noise from outside could be heard which for me personally is always crucial. Only downside is they don't accept credit cards. There is a good publicly available guitar too. :)

Probably as good as you can in London for this price. Good location. The hostel is combined with a pub, so there is no dedicated kitchen or sitting space other than the pub.

Smart Russell Square

Feels like a prison-like institution. Did not feel welcome there.The people at the reception only cared about money. They did not seem very friendly and were not very helpful when I asked them basic questions. If you want to pay with a credit card you need to pay an extra 5%. The bed I got was in fact a wooden cage.You get your linen in a pack at the reception and when you check out you have to bring it back. Took me a while to find where the toilets are.Not recommended even if on low budget.

Hostel Hemingway

Pamplona, Spain

The reception person looked chronically tired and bored. While checking out I forgot to reclaim my locker deposit, and while I was returning the key the lady seemed to have forgotten about the deposit too. Probably because she was tired.