Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 36

222 CM

Taipei, Taiwan

Staff was very accommodating with our changing check-in time. Very short walk from MRT is very convenient. Bed comfortable, blanket warm, water hot: all big pluses on a cold and rainy weekend. Not many people hanging around/socializing but that's because we were all out enjoying the city. Would be nice to have a lock box in the two bed room as well (there were lockers in the mixed room). No sign on the street but easy to find using the address placards. We'll stay here again.

• 15th Feb 2014

May Rooms Taipei

Taipei, Taiwan

Stayed here as a good middle ground for going to the jiufen area and into the city. Staff very welcoming. Comfort level of the beds and pillows is hit or miss (we stayed in the family triple, the double bed was comfy and the twin was hard as a rock). We were doing other things but te staff organized trips that sounded like a lot of fun.

• 14th Feb 2014

Gap Year Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

The staff here is very friendly and helpful. I felt quite welcomed by them. There is also a nice sitting area by the front desk. It was also quite clean and the mattresses were comfortable. Having to go outside to go to our dorm room felt a bit makeshift, and compounded the issue with a shortage of bathrooms. Also, ladders and curtains on the bed would go a long ways. My bed was in the corner with the open side where people usually climb up against the wall, which made it rather difficult.

Kimberley House

Penang, Malaysia

We stayed in a double bed private. I was really impressed with how quiet it was in the sleeping areas. The mattress was comfortable and the air conditioner worked well. The location was really nice - amongst Chinese shops and stalls, a close walk to Little India and an easy walk to the bus station. Decor on the first floor a nice touch, but the fluorescent lighting everywhere else is a bit harsh - I know it's less modern but warm light is nicer on the eyes. Nice place!

• 20th Sep 2013

Roommates Penang

Penang, Malaysia

Helpful staff and great location. Beds are comfortable and curtains add to privacy and sleepability. Air conditioning very effective when on, though the air conditioning curfew in the morning brings that to and end too quickly. As everywhere, more showers that don't double as toilets sure would be nice.

• 15th Sep 2013

The InnCrowd Backpackers Hostel 2

Singapore, Singapore

Love Little India, so it's got that going for it. I have no idea why the place is ranked so high, though. The staff w a not rude, but rather indifferent, certainly not welcoming.For us the draw was the scooter tour, but then found out when we got there:No scooter tour on Saturdays. Quite disappointing. The blankets seem to be recycled airline blankets? I'm all for recycling, but I'm short and they didn't cover me - can't imagine if you're taller. Street noise surprisingly loud. AC curfew :(

• 14th Sep 2013

Fong is a fabulous host - relaxed, friendly and helpful. The lounge area is cozy, and the beds are comfortable. A great place to unwind between hikes or rivertacing in the park - which I did with a guide from Hualien Outdoors to get off the very well beaten track. I love that sleeping boot provides a locker to store your valuables. The have a nice aesthetic going on there, too.

Vintage Travel & Hostel

Taipei, Taiwan

Funky, relaxed atmosphere with a Super friendly host who is full of great tips - just ask and he'll have great ideas for eats and sights. The place is hard to find - so let them know when you are coming so they can keep an eye out for you!