Titikaka Lodge

Isla Uros, Peru

This is one of the best experiences I've ever had traveling but this isn't for everyone. You sleep on the reeds in a cabin so its similar to camping. The family is very nice but they will try to sell you the pieces they have made. They feed us a potatoe soup for dinner and quinoa bread for breakfast. We played with the two sons for hours watching the sunset. If you go, bring toys or coloring books for the kids. Recommend speaking spanish!!!!! Reuben & his family were fantastic but little english

Aymarak Hostel

Puno, Peru

Quite far from the heart of Puno! its a long, up hill 6 blocks. Get a taxi otherwise you will never find it. The street didn't come up on 3 of our maps and its far from the bus station. Taxi only cost 4 soles. The hostel was simple and the owner woke up at 5am to make us breakfast before we had to leave. We were the only ones there so the shared bathroom was private. Roof is open (like much of peru) so bring warm layers for sleeping.

Hostal El Triunfo

Cusco, Peru

This is far more of a hotel than a hostel. Its very quite, older crowd so not good for young travelers looking to party. The location to plaza de armas is unbelievable. The breakfast is simple, break, bananas, yogurt and cereal and cocoa tea. For the money, I would stay here everytime I come to Peru.

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Great staff - great atmosphere. Would absolutely recommend as its easy to get to and from the airport. Everything is in walking distance and you're not right in the heart of the loud neighborhoods.

Thanks for your great review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen

Amsterdam, Netherlands

There are some hostels that welcome you in like a family member and its quite easy to mingle and meet other travelers. This is not one of those hotels. The location is unbeatable and breakfast was good. There are definitely worse hostels but if you are traveling alone, I would suggest not staying here. I should say I was here for a long weekend and the hostel was very busy so during the week they may be more receptive to guests.

Thank you for your review. Good to hear that the location is unbeatable and that the breakfast was good! Sorry to hear that you experienced an less welcoming feeling, you could be right that this has to do with a busy weekend. We do appologize since we want our guests to really feel at home and comfortable. We have a lovely patio for our guests to mingle, or perhaps the lobby, tv-room or breakfast area. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Amsterdam! Kind Regards, Anna Stayokay Stadsdoelen

Great atmosphere, perfect location, laid back, one of my favorite stops in Spain. Just bummed I did not spend more time here!

The Garden Backpacker

Seville, Spain

Best hostel I've ever stayed in! Just the best atmosphere possible. There can't possibly be a better hostel in Seville! Everyone was amazing, kitchen was so friendly. My biggest regret was not staying longer. If you are going to Spain and need a hub, stay here for a few days and take trips from Seville. Its better than picking your things up and having to move constantly. Can you tell I loved it?

Madrid Motion Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Totally happy with my stay. Booked all female room for 4 girls and only had two girls in the room all 3 nights there. Everything was very clean, breakfast was good and simple and bread and cereal. Wifi only works in the lobby but it works! Location is great. Bar crawl was fun as there are so many hostels in the area! Madrid is amazing!

Pickwick Hall

The hostel was not very social, however it is the best location I have ever stayed in London. You really are making the area affordable and I am VERY appreciative of that!