Edinburgh Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Helpful staff - Excellent location. The downfall for me at this hostel was that I was in a building down an ally from the main building. As a solo packer, meeting people in the lounge is what makes traveling fun. There is a lounge in the main building, but it is very inconvenient to have to shuffle back and forth between two buildings.

Hatters Hostel- Liverpool

Liverpool, England

When I first arrived at the hostel, they did not have my reservation on record. Apparently they had changed over their system recently. They were really great about fixing the mistake. The hostel is in a cool building and great location. There is a huge dining area/lounge as well as an outdoor hangout area with a grill.

This was hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed in; Abi & Charlie clearly take pride in their hostel. They also hosted a Cider and Snack social that really brought everyone down and encouraged interaction amongst everyone staying there. The location is perfect to the center of the city and on Sunday mornings, there is an outdoor market right outside the door. Again, I have staying in quite a few hostels this has been the absolute BEST! Charlie and Abi are simply wonderful people too!

The Dictionary, Shoreditch

The staff are very friendly and helpful. Okay breakfast is included. The hostel is a bit of a walk from the center of London, but a 10 minute walk gets you to the tube. The downfall of this hostel was the noise outside - even being jet lagged, I couldn't sleep because of all of the noise. I would recommend this hostel for young, hipster types.