Reviews: curlyhairedgirl1993

Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 21

YHA Te Anau

Te Anau, New Zealand

If I didn't have to put up with a snorer and very uncomfortable pillows, then I would give this hostel a great review. The snorer wasn't the hostels fault, but the pillows are horrible! (Get better ones). I met some nice people, but nothing was going on, quite boring. I liked most of the staff, except the customer service is rubbish. However, I liked the cheap wifi compared to other YHA's, the location was good and I enjoyed Te Anau.

• 29th Mar 2013

What can I say? I stayed here for one night and as soon as I walked onto the porch, I was greeted by super friendly people who chatted and kept me company. I honestly can't wait to come and stay again. The owners are so friendly too; thanks for your great hospitality! :]

• 25th Jan 2013

Thanks Nicole for enjoying your stay in lantana lodge. We are looking forward to meet you again.

Tropic Days Backpackers

Cairns, Australia

Wow, I absolutely loved this hostel. You get so much for your money; free internet, wifi, tea & coffee and lots to do. There's a great swimming pool and lots of places to hang out. I only stayed here for two nights, but I really enjoyed myself and would definitely stay here again if I come back. Thanks, Tropic Days!!

• 23rd Jan 2013

Arthouse Hostel

Launceston, Australia

I quite liked it here actually. It looks bigger on the inside than the outside and the rooms and bathrooms are so new compared to rest of the house, but I'm glad they're new. It adds to the character. The only two complaints I have is that the distance from the city is huge and such a trek. They definitely need to sort out a few free shuttle buses that go into the city! The kitchen is really dirty, but it's more a complaint to the residence than the staff as it gets cleaned every morning by them

Central City Backpackers

Hobart, Australia

Good location and good staff, the place is really clean, which is nice, and the kitchen area is big, but there are so many bad points. You have to pay $2 for linen, $3 for washer and $3 for dryer, $3 for half hour internet. The staff leave at 8, so there is no one there to control anything and people were eating and talking in the corridor outside my bedroom when I had to sleep. No events on at such a big hostel, they need to organise more like movie nights, quiz nights etc.

• 14th Jan 2013

Thanks for taking the time to comment. $2 is for top sheet and doona for the entire stay (not per night) as described in our listing. The internet kiosk is $3 for 1/2 hour, but also $16 for 4 hours (works out to $4 per hour) and we have ABSOLUTELY FREE WiFi. And we have staff on site 24 hours per day with the emergency number at reception for anyone to call if there are any problems.

Best hostel I have been in! The Casa Central team are so welcoming and it's like a family here. Not a party hostel, which I'm very glad for, and it's great to just chill out. It's very quiet, so don't come if you want loudness! You can't beat free internet and free laundry in a hostel. It does get cold at night, but I can't complain as all you have to do is wrap up and the doonas/duvets are so warm! Best atmosphere, best people, best hostel. RECOMMENDED!

• 13th Aug 2012

Thanks for your feedback. Winter is now over and heaters will be installed before next winter in all rooms. There are fans for the summer. Hope you enjoy your travels