Reviews: asbabb

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 21

High Street Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Fantastic hostel, probably the best I've stayed at so far. No outlets in the rooms and they could use more toilets and showers, but everything was clean, staff was super nice, location was incredibly convenient. Plenty of outlets in the lobby and kitchen, and staff will charge stuff for you at the desk. Would absolutely stay again.

• 17th May 2013

City Sleep-In

Aarhus, Denmark

Certainly not a nice hostel, but there's nothing actually wrong with it.

Saint James Backpackers

This hostel is in a townhouse that is very London to me and is super close to the Earl's Court Underground station. The rooms were clean and a locker and key were provided. Free breakfast and kitchen use are not included for people staying in an 8-bed room but you can purchase a day's access to the kitchen for one pound. The place was warm even though the windows sounded really thin. The stalls in the bathroom are quite small and I'm not sure the showers were cleaned daily.

• 26th Mar 2013

Shelter Jordan

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I enjoyed my stay at Shelter Jordan. The rooms are single-gender and they are packed (18 in my room) which can be a turn-off for some people. The bathrooms seemed to be big enough and were clean. The hostel is a little bit out of the center city, but it's really close to a tram line and the Anne Frank House and Amsterdam is incredibly walkable, so that's really not a problem. All in all, I liked the hostel, but I may stay somewhere with fewer people in each room next time.

A&O Hamburg Hauptbahnhof

Hamburg, Germany

Very nice chain hostel. I partially liked it because it felt very much like a hotel with extra beds and that was comforting since I was alone and I'm new to the hostel game. Bathroom are in each room, which is nice and helps keep them clean. Bathrooms are really small however, and the hostel is between a train track and a highway, which kept a dull rumble going all night (being from Atlanta, I didn't mind). All in all, I would stay in an A&O Hostel again

My first hostel, and I think it was a good one. The location is fantastic, very close to almost everything we wanted to see. The room had a bad smell about it, but we're pretty sure that was due to a specific resident and not the hostel as a whole. Bathrooms were pretty clean, the downstairs breakfast was FANTASTIC for the money and all in all, we had a good stay.