Location: New Zealand, Gender: Female, Age: 38

HI NYC Hostel

New York, USA

Being such a large hostel it can be a bit harder to meet other solo travellers, there are events organized by the hostel each day or night, though. There's a great outdoor terrace for the smokers on the 2nd floor, it's not well marked. This time staying here I found my room ridiculously narrow - this made it hard to negotiate backpacks and suitcases and there really was room for only two people to get their gear sorted for the day. Still a fantastic hostel!

Plug-Inn Boutique Hostel

Paris, France

Wonderful location, get out from the Met 2 sub station with the Moulin Rogue right there! Then an easy uphill stroll to the hostel. Quite small rooms with no lockers in them, there are lockers available elsewhere, though. Still a pleasant stay with a nice, simple breakfast offered.

Lausanne Guesthouse & Backpacker

Lausanne, Switzerland

A nice little hostel with a super nice woman running the reception. Beautiful garden area off the kitchen. Not a big issue to me but others might find the following helpful - The lockers are in the hallway with no power outlets. The power outlets in the room are very close together, especially if you have non euro outlet people trying to jam all their adapters on them. The showers are a communal situation. No free coffee!!! A pleasant, short, stay.

Hello, thanks for your comment and good marks. Hope to see you again :-). Virginie

USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

This is the second time I've stayed here and I will stay here again and hopefully again and again! It's easy walking distance to shopping and public transport. There's activities happening every day/night. The showers are awesome and plentiful. When visiting San Francisco this hostel is my first port of call and I always hope there are beds available.

City Hostel Seattle

Seattle, USA

super friendly and helpful staff! easy walking distance to bars, restaurants, cafes and pike place market. good kitchen facilities and a good amount of showers on each floor.

HI - San Luis Obispo Hostel

San Luis Obispo, USA

wasn't aware that check in was after 4.30 and that we'd be 'locked out' from 11-4.30 during the day. still, at least that made me go and definately find a mountain to climb. SLO is a great town and this is a charming hostel that matches the town well. very friendly and helpful staff. easy walking distance to bus, amtrak and town. I'd stay here again

USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

the showers on the 3rd floor are incredible for hostel showers! all in all a good hostel, it's a pity SF hostels cost so much or I'd be inclined to stay longer. sweet little bar down the road called owl tree - do go. MUNI isn't too far away and the staff and security were excellent. If I'm in SF backpacking again I would stay again.

nice tidy building with great smoking areas. had a dorm with an ensuite which was brilliant, however the shower pressure and temperature was super annoying as it chopped and changed all the time. other than that, a really nice hostel.

Lucky D's

San Diego, USA

if you want a party hostel in close proximity to the gaslamp party area then this is THE hostel to choose! staff are awesome at organizing events and the common room buzzes for pre pub crawls. an awesome chilled out atmosphere and in a handy location to public transport, too. if I'm ever back in San Diego I'll be staying here again.