Hostel City Center Sarajevo

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

This hostel was great. My only concern is that I don't think it has enough washrooms for the people. Also, we didn't stay long enough for me to have anything to say about the kitchen facilities. One warning: there is no water between midnight and 5am but I think that's a city wide thing and not the hostel's fault.

• 19th Sep 2013

Old Town Hostel East Wing

Kotor, Montenegro

This was my favourite hostel out of all 11 we stayed at on this trip. The stand alone kitchen is a little under supplied but each room has a small kitchen that makes up for it. Everything else is perfect and this hostel has the most character I've ever seen!

• 14th Sep 2013

SunnyLakeHostel

Ohrid, Macedonia

Street signs are a bit lacking in Ohrid so it was no surprise when we got totally lost in the rain. We called from an internet cafe and the staff came to get us and drove with us to a good parking spot and then took us to the hostel. It was amazing!

• 12th Sep 2013

Hostel Mostel

Sofia, Bulgaria

Pros: The breakfast was amazing. It included the usual suspects but also fresh scrambled eggs and waffles and a whole range of fruit & vegetables. The dinner is less exciting by far but still pretty great for what you pay. Cons: There are no kitchen facilities available. Also it wasn't clear to us beforehand that our room was not in the hostels main buidling. It was a 5 min walk away which was way less convenient for meals and meant we didn't benefit from the cool atmosphere in the main room.

• 6th Sep 2013

San Mara's Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

This hostel could use a more visable sign out front but that is the only thing I'd change. The kitchen was fantastic and many of the rooms had real beds and not bunk beds. The only thing I would warn other guests is that smoking is allowed in the kitchen so the whole hostel can be a bit smokey.

• 4th Sep 2013

Chillout Hostel Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

The location was fantastic but the atmosphere and facilities weren't my style. The only common area is a hostel run bar which gives this hostel very much a party-only vibe. The kitchen facilities were also very lacking which made it really hard if you're a traveller that likes to cook. The cleanliness was okay but not great. The hostel does a great job cleaning during the day but it goes downhill fast thanks to lots of irresponsible and messy hostel guests.

• 31st Aug 2013