Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 32

Euro Youth Hostel

Munich, Germany

It was a great stay! The pub downstairs make sit a very social common area & the hostel was close to public transport & also walking distance to most attractions. The staff was very helpful & went out of their way to find out the answer if they didn't know it off the top of their head. I would recommend anyone to stay there!

Hospitality in the hostel was great! The staff had great memory & recalled names! Amazing! The hostel was spacious with plenty of activities & mingling opportunities. A highly recommended with a fully functional kitchen (like the one at home!), a lounge with TV & wifi which worked in the dorm I was in. I would definitely stay there again!

Alcatraz Backpacker Hostel

Berlin, Germany

A good hostel to be based at for the convention we attended. Code entry through the main doors & key entry to the stairwell & the door before your rooms after hours. Wifi didn't work in the rooms but worked fine in the courtyard & common areas. The common bathroom/toilets were cleaned daily. The staff were really helpful & even offered tips when you least expect it.

Galatahostel2

Istanbul, Turkey

Great location! Walking distance to Taksim & most tourist attractions. There is also a tram stop less than 5mins walk away to take you to the Blue Mosque & Grand Bazaar if you don't really want to walk. The staff are really friendly. Some don't speak much English but are quite courteous & try to understand what you might want. The terrace is quaint & has a small view of the sea with comfy seats & tables if you want to eat your breakfast there.

Grand Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

I was in Berlin for a congress at the Templedrome so it was very convenient as it was walking distance to it. The staff were very friendly and manned 24hrs so if you wanted a cup of tea at 4am, like I did, they happily obliged. The noise does carry in the corridors in the morning, but otherwise was relatively quiet. The hostel was very clean and had the feeling of being in a hotel. There was good wifi in the reception/lounge area but a bit sketchy in the room. It was a good experience!

Feel Hostels Soho Malaga

Malaga, Spain

Great feel with bright walls & a friendly & helpful staff. It is well located to the port/marina/beach & walkable distance to local attractions. The kitchen/communal area is spacious with lots of tables/chairs available and a covered outdoor area if you'd like to sit in the sun for a bit for breakfast. The below bed lockers also fits the bags! Yay! I would definitely stay there again!

Pension Versalles

Alicante, Spain

The owner is a cheeky man with a great sense of humour. He makes you feel welcomed & is very helpful if you want any information or ideas of things to do. The resident dog, Mira, provides great entertainment. The hostel itself is in a good location, about 10 or so minutes to the beach, less to the marina. There are plenty of eateries around the area and a corner shop a minute away. There's a shaded outdoor area for meals, beach equipment to borrow if you need some. All up a great place.

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge

Marrakech, Morocco

The best place to stay when in Marrakesh! The staff were amazing; very helpful in pointing out the best spots to go in Jemaa el-Fnaa (5ish mintues walk from the hostel), arrange trips to the Sahara, other places & camel rides. The hostel itself is very colourful with multiple common areas both on the ground and on the rooftops. I even got a motorcycle ride off one of the staff! They'll also arrange transport for you to & from the airport & to wherever you need to go. Highly recommended!

Riad Layla Rouge

Marrakech, Morocco

The hospitality was amazing. You weren't expected to cough up with the money as soon as you step in. Instead, you were treated to some mint tea and biscuits as you wind down after your travels. When you were ready, they took you on a tour of the hostel. I only stayed one night here but it seems gives me the impression that it is quiet (obviously depends on your fellow travellers). The rooftop terrace is quite cozy too. The staff here are very friendly and willing to help with any questions.

The staff were generally friendly, but were pretty non-specific when we ask for a recommendation of places to eat. We had to ask for a map. Rooms had only one rotating fan that barely kept us cool, but we had the windows open so it was tolerable. A bit annoying that the womens bathrooms/toilet were on a different level to our room. Ended up using the mens toilets on the same level. Also, had to press a button for shower every 5 seconds. I understand the idea but timing could be longer.

The staff were very friendly, knowledgable & went out of their way to make sure we felt comfortable. The hostel itself is air-conditioned. There are good lockers that can fit a small bag & a security cam in the locker area. Reception is open 24 hours so you could come back really late & not have to worry about getting in after a night out. It was quite central to Las Ramblas, Passeig de Gracia & metro stations. Well worth the price. We really enjoyed our stay there.

• 9th Aug 2012

The staff were friendly and of great help with questions. The hostel was cleaned everyday in the afternoon. I really enjoyed my stay there due to the proximity to the station and other London attractions, as well as the quality people that stayed there. There is a little bit of lack of cooking utensils in the communal kitchen but we made do. I would definitely stay there again.