Penthouse on long

Cape Town, South Africa

This hostel is in a great, safe location on the 6th floor of a building on Long Street and was very easy to get to all the major attractions in Cape Town. The staff were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the rooftop bar and the TV lounge was a nice place to sit in peace. The only slight downside was that you could hear the noise from the bar through the walls in your room at a low level. Just remember to take ear plugs if you are looking for an early night. Great hostel though : )

• 24th Apr 2013

Wilderness Beach House Backpackers

Wilderness, South Africa

Really loved it here. The hostel is in a great location almost on top of the beach front. I was lucky enough to stay in a room that overlooked the beach and sea so was greeted to a stunning view. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the place was well run. Had some fantastic homemade food there too. I also enjoyed playing pool at the open air bar. I felt very relaxed while staying there. The location is also great for exploring the surrounding area too.

• 23rd Apr 2013

Gibela Backpackers Lodge Durban

Durban, South Africa

Wow, what a fantastic hostel this turned out to be. It's in a great location near Florida Road and is also less than 30 minutes away from the city centre or the magnificent Durban beaches. Elmar, the man in charge, was very helpful and gave me plenty of good recommendations and ideas of things to do while I was there. The hostel was incredibly clean and the free breakfast was excellent. It is a very quiet, relaxed and peaceful place so if you are looking to party then go elsewhere. Thanks Elmar.

Many thanx for your review and kind words. We try and make every stay as unique as possible. Exploring Durban by foot is the best and we share as much as we can to make guests stay as memorable as possible. Hope Durban is on your to re-visit list.