The Fort Boutique Hostel

York, England

Great hostel, really clean and lots of nice little touches, such as free biscuits and tee/coffee/squash, and the location cannot be beaten. The only bad thing I can say about this hostel is the lack of WIFI in dorm rooms, which is not so good if you're on a business trip. Also, although the hostel was mostly friendly, the lack of a hostel bar means it's not the best place for meeting people/parties if that is what you are looking for.

• 12th Aug 2013

The hostel has no atmosphere at all- it is by far the worst hostel I have ever been in. I didn't even end up staying the night- I checked in and checked out a few hours later. Not only was the hostels atmosphere bad- the rooms wern't very clean either and I didn't find the staff particularly helpful when I was trying to access the internet.

• 27th Jul 2012

Nice enough hostel- rooms are clean and reception staff are very helpful. Although it has a great looking bar it is always dead so not the best hostel for socialising. Location is a few minutes from subway but it does take 30 minutes and a line change to reach the centre of Shanghai. The free breakfast is not up too much and the bar staff/cleaning staff were quite rude at times, however if I couldn't get a hostel in Shanghai centre I would stay here again.

• 27th Jul 2012

365 Inn

Beijing, China

I stayed in the 10 bed dorm which was great, basic but everything you need from a hostel. My only complaint about the room is that you couldn't lock the door from the outside unless no one else was in the room which wasn't the safest, however there are lockers in the reception area for valuables. The bar is fantastic- always busy, great atmosphere and great staff- as a lone traveller I found it extremely easy to meet new people. Drinks arn't badly priced and neither is the food which is average.

• 23rd Jul 2012

Han Tang Inn Hostel

Xi'an, China

I honestly cannot recomend this place enough- it is the nicest hostel I have ever stayed in complete with the friendlist staff ( a guy who works behind the bar called lei lei who does a great job at bringing all the guests together and even took the time to show myself and others round Xi'an nightlife a few times- be sure to say hello to him!). The drinks and food are decent and relitively cheap and the hostel has a beutiful roof top terrace/sauna, bar and games room- definetely would recomend!

• 22nd Jul 2012