Reviews: Chaz3182

Location England, Gender Male, Age 30

Generator Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
4.9
28th Apr 2016

You cannot force customers into a position at every opportunity to lever money out of them leaving them no other choice. Everything is expensive and inconvenient. Each night got more expensive until you left me homeless (now sat in reception) as i refuse to pay €50 for a bed on third night. Ive waited 4 hours a day to check back in between 10 (out) and 2 (in) and queued 30 mins every time. All lockers are usually full and paid for during this 4 hour period! I don't like your money grabbing style

Hi, Thanks for your review. I understand your frustration and the especially the waiting time is something we work on. The price is always based on the demand and we were heading to the end of your stay our peak season. I hope you will now not turn away from Generator and visit us again in the future. Regards, Sven Heberling Assistant General Manager

Equity Point Marrakech, Marrakech, Morocco
21st Feb 2016

Your staff need to be honest with customers about the journey times to the desert tour. You ruined part of our once in a lifetime trip. Your price was cheap but i dont want to be lied to. Your hostel was 10/10 all aside from this. We do not want to spend 33 hours on a bus when we are told 18 so that we can visit all of your sponsored shops. I have marked your staff score to poor for this reason.

Lazy Gaga Hostel, Guangzhou, China
12th Oct 2015

Carmen was such a great help in a time of need. My bank cancelled my cards and I needed to make an urgent call to them on my business trip and she lent me her phone as they had no international calling phone in the hostel. The hostel is also in a good location and cheap with a fun environment. Thank you!

Barra Guest Hostel, Salvador, Brazil
23rd May 2014

These guys were fantastic. We had a million questions and they answered them all! Thank you so much for all of your advice and support. We also had a small problem with our locker which Roland sorted for us promptly! Would recommend this place! Nice outdoor area too! Loved chilling in the hammocks with our caipirinhas :) breakfast was good too with fresh bread :)

20th May 2014

Arrived in Recife our first time in South America and were welcomed by these guys with open arms. Gabrielle was a top guy who helped us with the millions of questions we had and plenty of support with doing it! Oskar gave us some vital advice about places to travel and stay saving us a fortune! Some great advice about Argentina too! Big thanks to these guys! Hopefully our paths will cross one day again :)

Bostel Amsterdamse Bos, Amsterdam, Netherlands
4.3
1st Sep 2013

Don't believe the reviews on here about 20 minutes from the city ^^^ this place takes just short of an hour to get to (tram). Unless your willing to sleep on a bench because the buses don't run back to here after 1am don't stay here. Reception short changed me a euro upon check in which was sturn. Facilities dirty generally. The extra we paid that night for a taxi home (40euros) we could have stayed in the centre. We stayed here because the reviews said not far from the city but they are false.

Boomerang Hostel, Antwerp, Belgium
29th Aug 2013

Amazing! Gave us a place for our bicycles! Great feel to the place. We enjoyed our stay here. Good luck to you guys! Steven and Charles.

6th May 2013

Washroom setup was a bit strange in the reception.

Thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate your rating and feedback, too. We have 3 toilets and 5 shower booths on the ground floor near reception while we have common bathrooms on each floor. We are looking forward to seeing you next time. Thank you very much again.

Kamakura Central Guest House, Kamakura, Japan
4th May 2013

Masa what a great guy! Checked in in the day and met his lovely mother with a big smile. Then in the evening he invited me to go for a sushi while we went in his car he taught me about the local culture and the best places to eat. Fantastic guy and the best toilet in Japan! This one really was the rolls Royce of heated toilets :). Well traveled guy. Take care my friend thanks for the memories! Charles

Mt. Fuji Hostel Michael's, Mount Fuji, Japan
1st May 2013

Was out of climbing season when I visited so very quiet however these people were friendly and helpful pointing me in the right direction of a good gyoza and wonton soup. Good luck to you guys!

A-yado Gion, Kyoto, Japan
29th Apr 2013

Very very very helpful staff! Incredibly helpful! Great service guys!

Thank you for your comment. We are very glad to hear about that. We had a good time with you. When you come back to Kyoto, please stay here again!!

27th Apr 2013

Now this guy was just incredibly helpful and friendly. Even told me excellent budget techniques on how to view the towns attractions. A very cozy little place to stay with a nice feel. Thank you for the memories my friend. Charles

Hotel Chuo, Osaka, Japan
25th Apr 2013

Thought it was going to be rough before I turned up from reading reviews etc. no way! This place was fantastic! Very clean! Very friendly! And very cheap too! The guy on the reception was very funny chap. Happy memories of the start of my journey in Japan at my first guest house hotel Chou! Wow love this place!

Sunshine Home, Guangzhou, China
18th Apr 2013

Very nice people good luck my friends!

Sunshine Home, Guangzhou, China
7th Apr 2013

Fantastic people and a very helpful lady owner here. No need to look further! This is the place to be :)

Crystal Garden, Shenzhen, China
27th Mar 2013

Best hostel I've ever stayed in and I've been on the road for 18 months now. Bota is a lovely English speaking girl on reception who helped me with everything I needed. The place is clean and the beds are comfy. Would definitely recommend a stay in this quiet area for peace and tranquility. Thank you for a great experience. See you again soon guys!

City Plus Hostel, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
24th Mar 2013

Very nice and helpful owner with all the time in the world to talk about nice things who generally cares about you which is hard to find in Hong Kong........everyone's too busy to help. Definitely recommend this place!

The City at Fifty, Bangkok, Thailand
7th Mar 2013

Lost my bank card half way across the country and the reception at madee staff helped me to contact the bank where I left it several times by phone which helped me a lot! Thank you for your help madee staff! Oh yes and there's a rooftop swimming pool and the place is very clean and nice.....also quiet away from the rush of the Bangkok madness. Enjoy!

Beary Nice! by a beary good hostel, Singapore, Singapore
15th Jan 2013

Don't waste your time looking at other hostels. This is the place to stay!

Yeahhh! Thanks for getting straight to the point! We appreciate your support. =)

Sila Resort, Sukhothai, Thailand
18th Jun 2012

A really enjoyable stay with friendly and helpful staff, the food in the restaurant was also very good and reasonably priced. They offered me a range of rooms from cheap fan to luxury air con. The wi fi was good and it was a nice surprise to find cable TV in my room. In the day It was nice to lie in the hammock in the gardens, at night we could have a beer and a chat outside on the benches with other travelers. Transport to and from the bus station was easy and well organized. It’s all good here