Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 30

Paradiso Guesthouse

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This place is a very basic hotel. It was not particularly clean and definitely not worth the price we paid for the private room. However it was in a decent location as it was relatively easy to get to local shops and the monorail station is close by where we were able to get to the airport and the local attractions pretty fast. It is alright for a short stay or if like us you have 2 nights before your flight and want an easy journey to the airport (check the monorail start time if you fly early)

Old Penang GuestHouse

Penang, Malaysia

Stayed one night on the way back from Langkawi but really enjoyed my stay. Very close to the food markets and local bars (though it doesn't seem to be much of a party area, might just have been the time of year) Friendly staff and clean place with great AC and bed. I would definitely stay here again.

The Frame Guesthouse

Penang, Malaysia

Was a very clean hostel with good showers and a quality bed. AC was quality aswell! Short walk to the local food markets and most of the main buses ran from outside the hostel. Not a big party scene nearby but quite a few bars. A small mix up about the ferry terminal location but other than that was a good stay and decent staff. I would stay again!

First the bad. Constant smell of smoke in the corridors, and smokers lighting up where ever they want. (This seems to be Tokyo in general) You have to check out between 10-3 for cleaning everyday. And the showers are communal and closed half of the day after 9am. More like a hotel than a hostel. Location was excellent! Price was very good for Tokyo. Staff were friendly enough just didn't speak much English. The communal bath on the top floor had a great view! Overall a good budget choice!

Miso Guesthouse and Hostel

Seoul, South Korea

This hostel is well located next to the airport line. Very easy to get to and from Incheon and the KTX station so suited our needs perfectly. The lady was very helpful but was not at the apartment very often which might be a problem for some, however she did answer my e-mails promptly and came to the hostel within 10 minutes each time we needed her assistance or to settle the bill. The price was okay but the overall experience was good. A few good places to drink nearby aswell!

BoA Travel House

Seoul, South Korea

A great place and a great stay. A little quiet and definitely not a party hostel, but luckily we were looking for a nice, clean, and quiet hostel so it was perfect for us! I would stay here again!

Thank you so much for your nice review. We're very appreciated. Hope you have only great memories in Seoul and BoA. Thanks again, Take care! :)

Mama Brasil Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

When we first arrived there was no one there to let us in and we had to pop to a cafe for an hour. But other than that it was a decent experience all round. We stayed in the house next door which did not have any atmosphere but the staff were friendly and the location was quite close to Paulista.The breakfast was quite good. I would stay here again.

Rio Hotels Mancora

Mancora, Peru

We opted for the hotel option because we just wanted to bum about on the beach without all the 19 year old gap year students waking us up all night long. Having already been travelling for several months this was a good option for us but was more like a motel than a hostel. You have your room, a TV, and wifi in the room. You can walk to the main street/beach in about 15 minutes. I would recommend it to people who want a relaxed and quiet rest at the beach. I would stay again.

Alternative Hostels

Cuenca, Ecuador

A good stay at a good hostel. It was not too far to walk to the center and the taxi was cheap to the bus terminal. Other than the busy road in front of the hostel waking me up in the morning i had a good experience at this hostel. The common room was not very busy. But there are a lot of places to sit and chill and a nice area to watch TV or a movie. I would stay here again. Not a party hostel.

Hostal La Casa Toleña

Quito, Ecuador

A really cool place that surprised us as it was more like a hotel than a hostel. Our two bedroom twin room turned out to be a pretty large room with 4 beds and an ensuite bathroom. The hot water was a little temperamental but when i asked the staff they told me how to get the best out of it. The location is great for sightseeing and you can take a short taxi ride if you want to party. The hostel itself was very quiet but the family that run it were very friendly and the breakfast was good.

CabanaCopa Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

5-10minute walk from Copacabana beach. It is very clean and the WIFI worked well. Has a good happy hour. The staff were awesome and friendly though they were a little new. The tour we went on was excellent.The night guard doesnt speak english which caused some late night arguments that woke us up when drunk guests came home. School next door starts at 8 so is an alarm clock for those with windows facing it. Overall good hostel def recommend.

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you like our cleanliness, staff and the tours we offer. Sorry about arguments due to our night guards english, that shouldn't be necessary although miscommunication with drunk people can be a hassle. The classes are only during low season mon-friday and never on weekends. If you keep the windows closed it is not as noticeable in most rooms. Best regards, CabanaCopa staff

Tipsy Manor

Chiang Mai, Thailand

cons: the toilet bins are cleaned sparingly, it went at least the 3 days I was there without being changed. Due to the design of the front entrance rats do enter the ground floor at night. disgusting but I never saw them upstairs. Streets noisy in the morning Pros: awesome entertainment set up in the common room that has loads of latest movies and FIFA 14 which was great to socialize. Booked the tours easily for us. Changed the sheets and towels on request! For the price it's a decent place!

Thanks for the positive feedback we appreciate it and glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. I have also noticed more pest movement on the ground floor during the night over the past few days so this morning we got pest control in to sort out the rats. Hopefully they won't be a problem any more for future guests. Toilet bins are emptied daily but as its a shared room they fill up quickly. I'll get cleaning staff to empty them twice daily from now on.

Khaosan Immjai

Bangkok, Thailand

The bed was one of those annoying ones that make loads of noise when you move about. The wifi was a little slow. But the free computers in the lobby were a nice touch and the staff were extremely helpful! Definitely recommend this place and may well stay here again on the way back. Stayed in a 4 person mixed dorm.

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Awesome hostel where the dorm rooms have separated beds that make it feel like u almost have your own room but can still talk to the other people when you not trying to sleep. Cool place! On the second day the party on the roof was loud enough to wake me up. But I've stayed here for about 5 nights and that was the first time I had any problems with noise :) No doubt I will stay again.

Awesome location booked a room for 3 and got an 8 person room for ourselves. Can walk from here to the party area and the shower was pretty awesome too! I will definitely stay here again next time i am in Seoul. Not much of an atmosphere however i came with my own friends so didn't really bother me.

Peter Pan Guesthouse

Daegu, South Korea

My stay here was awesome! Planned for only one day but ended up staying two. Luna was really friendly and helpful and on the second day took us to a Korean rock concert that was free at one of the Universities. An awesome stay and super friendly staff. The location is also perfect for partying in the downtown area. The only negative was the shower was not particularly good. But i will 100% be staying here again when i return to Daegu.

Sanlitun Youth Hostel

Beijing, China

Loved this place! Great staff very friendly and helpful! The food was pretty awesome and not drastically overpriced. Loved the atmosphere here and could have spent a few more nights just drinking and chilling out. Good location about 10 mins walk to the subway station massage place 2 minutes away thats really cheap and food nearby. 15 minute walk to the main bar street and market where you can buy/haggle your way through chinese goods. Will definitely stay here again.

Thanks for your comments! Wish you have a good time in Beijing.See you next time. Regards Sanlitun Hostel

Homey Hostel

Taipei, Taiwan

I felt that the only bad thing was the atmosphere but i travelled on a weekday and it started to fill up towards the weekend. Other than that the staff were fantastic and helpful and the facilities are awesome. 20 minute walk to Taipei 101 5 minutes to a local night market and 5 mins to the station roughly. Great place would definitely stay again!