Bahodir Hostel

Samarkand, Uzbekistan

Atmosphere was brilliant but the communal toilet and shower need to be modernised as soon as possible. The Internet access was terrible. Very unhappy that I was charged more than other travellers because I booked through hostelworld and was recommended a taxi by one of the staff, who knew the driver, who proceeded to quote and charge me an astronomical price for a relatively short journey. When I said this to the staff member he just told me it was far, it was not at all.

Great, centrally located hostel. Good English is spoken by at least one of the staff members. The Internet access was a bit temperamental but the rooms and bathrooms are clean and the bar area is good for socialising.

Great hostel and fantastic atmosphere with shashlik being served on Friday nights and a good common room for everyone to mix. Staff spoke good enough English.

Han Tang House

Xi'an, China

The rooms are great and the bar area is great for socialising. However, the bathroom could have been cleaner and the staff's English was not very good. Also the bar was very expensive and the tour to the Warriors overpriced.

Envoy Hostel

Yerevan, Armenia

A fantastic hostel with wonderful staff who couldn't be more helpful. Highly recommended!

Old Town Hostel East Wing

Kotor, Montenegro

Simply fantastic. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! The atmosphere is simply incredible and the location just superb.

Hostel Miran

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Miran was a wonderful, generous and friendly host. His tour around the Mostar area was fantastic and I would readily recommend the hostel to anyone.The hostel had all the facilities a traveler would wish for and the courtyard makes for a great place to char to other guests.

Manga hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

A wonderful cast of staff who were informative, helpful and fun. The location was great for many of the City's attractions with the rest a mere ten minute walk away. I would certainly come back to stay in future!

Grand Hostel Gdansk

Gdansk, Poland

Maverick Hostel & Ensuites

Budapest, Hungary

Transylvania Hostel

Cluj Napoca, Romania

I cannot be more complimentary about this hostel. I stayed in a number of hostels throughout Romania during my trip and this one was certainly the best. Friendly staff, great location and a wonderful atmosphere make this hostel very special.