Always have fun staying here. But they need to sort out the key cards for the doors! Also, they don't have a kitchen you can use which is unusual for a hostel these days. But overall nice, clean and cheap during the week.

Hello, Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We are in the process of looking into a long-term solution to the door key problem, until then we can only advise to reset your key before going up to your room. We don't have a kitchen for hostel guests to use, but we do have a cheap menu on offer, with 25% discount for guests. We do hope to see you again soon! Regards Ash

The Grapevine

Brighton, England

Very bad place. The guy working there is rude. The place is dirty. It's overpriced for what it is. The windows are filthy. Bathrooms dilapidated. Avoid if at all possible.

USA Hostels Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

A very nice clean hostel. Lots of activities to sign up for in the day and night. (Comedy show... so bad it was good!) The lounge bar is open every night even when empty but it wasn't too noisy past midnight and the kitchen was open all night for quietness. The privacy boards on the bunks were good but at the same time make people more isolated so good and bad. A very good location. 90% of people there were Australians because it's their summer holidays in our winter I guess!

Surf City Hostel

Los Angeles, USA

This place is a bit shabby. Good points: Nice staff. Nice breakfast. Good location for beach volleyball. Rent bikes for cheap. Very close to beach. Big TV. WiFi. Bad points: small TV room, kitchen and internet room. Shower rooms not too good and mixed gender with inadequate stalls so high opportunity for perving behaviours(!) Plastic sheeting on beds. Hermosa is a bit boring. Long term residents, some stoned a lot. Blinds let in sun in early morning. No WiFi in my room.

Very cramped in the 12 bed room. Like being on a train! 3 showers between 24 people and one of them broken. Very small common room/kitchen area with 4 chairs. Uncomfortable bed. Good location near the beach and bars. This place is not worth the money.

Hey there- What’s wrong with trains? Just kidding!! So sorry you felt cramped , but thanks for letting us know about the shower- it’s fixed and pumping out some hot water! So sorry your bed was uncomfortable- most people love them- if you ever come back in the future- which we hope you do- ask for additional blankets to lay on for more comfort! Our spaces may be cozy (what a great word!) but we offer additional chairs- just ask a staff member.

Banana Bungalow San Diego

San Diego, USA

I didn't expect to like this place because of some bad reviews but I did enjoy my stay here. Right on the beach. Come out onto the deck and see the Californians and tourists jogging by and sunbathing. Enjoy the local nightlife such as the Tavern. Some staff looked a bit "tired", must be exhausting chatting up all the female travellers! ;) Lot of "romance" happening at this place. But boy-girl ratio not good for boys! But the locals are friendly and like foreigners so go out!

USA Hostels San Diego

San Diego, USA

I would not stay here again. If you are an Australian who likes getting drunk and fighting with other Australians then this is the place for you! Get woken up at 8am by hip hop music blaring out of speakers in the hallways and bathrooms. The one common room has people drinking in it all night. It is quieter outside in the bars! Showers alternate between boiling hot and freezing water. Toilets - don't even ask. One good thing the privacy boards on the bunks.

Samesun Venice Beach

Los Angeles, USA

This is a nice chilled out hostel. I stayed here twice. Mainly to see the chicks rollerskating in bikinis on the boardwalk. Probably best to come in the spring/summer as the beach will be busier and the hostel rooms can get a bit cold. But lots to see on the beach and boardwalk or walk along the beach to Santa Monica. There is breakfast if you get up before 9am! Or you can buy some Cherios from a local shop like I did. Area is a bit ghettoy at night but mostly harmless.

This hostel has loads of facilities like laundry room, TV room, big kitchen, dining room. A home away from home. Nice breakfast. Quiet areas if you need them. It was almost too big in that it felt more like a hotel. Bad points are the communal showers and toilets had little privacy. Another bad thing is the male only dorms. Where's the fun in that? Santa Monica is OK, especially if you like Yoga, apparently. Nice cinema.

HI - San Francisco - Downtown

San Francisco, USA

Like other HI hostels I've stayed at this has loads of facilities but lacks character. Seems like it attracts slightly older travellers. Nice bagels for breakfast.

The best thing you can say about this hostel is that it's cheap! It is quite hard to get a shower in the morning and some of the showers only had boiling water! Or you could use the communal showers... if you're not shy! No plug sockets in the room I was in. Don't turn the wrong way out of the hostel or you're in homeless-ville. Free beer/beer pong if you like that sort of thing. Best place to meet people is the kitchen cooking pancakes. Main common room bit impersonal but second is OK.

Banana Bungalow Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

I met lots of nice people here. Both in my room, at breakfast in the garden and at the karaoke night. The Hollywood nightclub trip on the other hand was "meh". Can be a bit noisy in the courtyard at night but most nights seemed to be OK. A guy there sold us some basketball tickets which a good experience. Bit of a walk to the stars but not too bad. I recommend jogging up Runyon Canyon hills! There are a few crazy people in Hollywood talking to themselves in the street.

Thank you for your positive review of Banana Bungalow Hollywood! Reviews really help us target the needs of our guests and make improvements for the next time you stay with us! We are constantly updating our accommodations to better suit our travelers. It sounds like our Hollywood Nightclub Trip wasn't what you were looking for. We always appreciate suggestions for our events. Make sure to visit the next time you are in Los Angeles!

Heathrow Lodge

The radiator didn't work and the owner pretended to fix it but didn't. One of the taps was missing. It was noisy from the aeroplanes. It was cold. The TV channel guide was set one hour in the future and unable to change it. I only stayed here because it was relatively cheap.

Very good location. Nice breakfast if youre awake before 9.30. Noisy at night until 2am because of bar below. A party hostel. Always meet new people here.

Hi there, We are sorry about the noise as it is an old building and I think we work it too hard sometimes it's not use to technology. If you give the receptionist a quick request to be put on higher level next time we will do our best to achieve this. Your welcome to stay anytime and we hope to see you soon. Kind Regards Viki

Baggies Backpackers

Brighton, England

Basically this is not really a backpackers hostel, more like a house for polish immigrants. The showers had no privacy and were not particularly nice. The rooms smelled of mildew. But the beds were quite comfy and quiet. But it was reasonably cheap.

Circus Hostel

Berlin, Germany

I met some really nice people here. There is a bar downstairs with cheap and sometimes free beer! Unfortunately one night I went out in Berlin with some people and got too drunk with vodka redbulls which made me think I was going crazy the next night but the staff in the hostel were very nice about it. Alcohol is very cheap in Berlin so watch yourself! I recommend the free Berlin tour and the floating swimming pool on the river. Nice breakfast. Use the underground.

Generator Hostel Copenhagen

Copenhagen, Denmark

Rooms were nice although not amazingly spacious. Met some nice people there. The Danish people are very good looking and there is a park next to the hostel where they were sunbathing. Common room seemed a bit empty but it wasn't mid summer yet. Has it's own bar and patio! I went there as a stop off for Eurovision in Malmö, Sweden. There is an excellent library a short walk away with a coffee shop downstairs. Beautiful city. Wanted to stay longer! Checking in took ages. Would come back.