Lagan Backpackers

Belfast, Northern Ireland

Loved this hostel. The breakfasts were amazing. Everyone was really friendly and inclusive. The cute hostel dinners were great value for money and a nice way to meet people. The staff welcome you in to the hostel like a family - brilliant place.

• 8th Feb 2014

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Amazing view of the Castle from our room. Bathrooms were always clean, lockers were good. Staff at reception were lovely. Hostel seemed to be mainly long term guest who were rude and unwelcoming. Left us feeling very uncomfortable and consequently we generally avoided common areas.

• 4th Feb 2014
  • Globetrotter

Hi there, it saddens us that you felt uncomfortable and did not get to make use of the range of wonderful common areas. We will take on board your comment and investigate this issue.We hope you otherwise enjoyed you visit to Edinburgh. Take care and enjoy the rest of your travels!

Safestay York

York, England

Lovely hostel with kind staff. Very close to the station and a short walk to all the attractions. Some of the lockers under the beds were broken. Beds were very comfortable though. Bathrooms were on the small side and not well ventilated. We would stay there again though.

• 2nd Feb 2014

Astor Hyde Park

Fantastic hostel. Would stay there again.

• 24th Jan 2014

YHA Cambridge

Cambridge, England

If you are looking for a place to sleep with a roof over your head then this is the place to go. It has a nice enough common area with couches and a pool table. But the internet prices were wayyyyyy too expensive and didn't reach the rooms. Also the showers were poorly ventilated and when I arrived two of the showers on my floor smelt of urine.

• 8th Jan 2013

Astor Hyde Park

I love this hostel and would have stayed forever if I could. The location is amazing, the staff are really fun and friendly, the kitchen is the best I have ever seen in a hostel and the dorm rooms are clean and spacious with comfortable beds.

• 4th Jan 2013

The Garden Backpacker

Seville, Spain

This hostel has an awesome vibe. The staff are really fun and kind and the common areas are large and comfortable so that you can meet new people easily. The free sangria in the evenings was a bonus too. I would definitley recommend this hostel to anyone wanting to relax, see the city and meet new people!

• 10th Dec 2012
  • Globetrotter

Awesome hostel with fantastic staff. I had an amazing time here and would definitely stay here again.

• 7th Dec 2012

Way Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Great hostel. The staff are very friendly, and the evening activities are good fun. The rooms are quite clean and spacious and the common rooms have a good atmosphere. Location is great- very central. I would recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to meet new people and make friends and a fun environment.

• 2nd Dec 2012

Sant Jordi Mambo Tango

Barcelona, Spain

I had heaps of fun at this hostel. The staff were for the most part very friendly. The nightly activities made it really easy to meet people and have a bit of fun. The rooms were a bit squishy but quite clean. The kitchen is also a bit small. Heaps of movies so you can chill out and relax if you want to. Overall a very good hostel. I would recommend it to others.

• 28th Nov 2012

Il Nosadillo

Bologna, Italy

More like a share house atmosphere than a hostel. The staff are very friendly. Faciliites are very clean. Location isn´t bad. The only problem was that staff were not around very often so when I needed to find out things about the city, there was no one to ask. Otherwise it was a fantastic hostel. I would recommend this hostel to others.

• 26th Nov 2012

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

The staff were the rudest and slowest I have ever met. The facilities were not great. The shower in my room was dirty and the shower door was broken. The Laundry facilities were expensive and only accepted 1 euro coins, the change machine didn´t work and the hostel staff were too busy doing other things to spare the 20 seconds it would take to give me change for the dryer.

• 24th Nov 2012

Seven Hostel

Sorrento, Italy

This hostel was more like a hotel than a hostel. There were very few people staying there. The environment was nice though. Only real problem is that it takes about half an hour to walk into Sorrento and there are no real beaches in the area.

• 21st Nov 2012
  • Globetrotter

The hostel itself is nice. Spacious and clean rooms with comfortable beds. The bar had a nice environment but the drinks were too expensive for a backpackers budget. Additionally, on some nights I couldn't sit in the bar without being pressured into expensive pub crawls. Overall the staff were quite nice, but once again I felt very pressured into doing tours that are just too far out of my budget. It was a bit frustrating and as a consequence I generally tried to avoid reception at all costs.

Archi Rossi Hostel

Florence, Italy

The hostel is well located near the train station and isn't a long walk from the major attractions. The free walking tours were fantastic. Additionally, the breakfast buffet was the best I have ever seen. The free pizza dinner also meant that I saved a lot of money on food during my stay. I did however have huge problems with the wifi which wouldn't work half the time. And whenever I asked staff for help regarding the city or my room or the hostel most of them were very rude and dismissive.

• 7th Nov 2012

The Silk Road

Venice, Italy

Overall a nice hostel. The walking directions provided were a nightmare to follow as some of the streets listed didn't seem to me known by any locals. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They even took the time one night to show me a bit of the city. The rooms are very spacious and clean. Beds very comfortable. The breakfast had a bigger variety than expected. Overall a very nice hostel, just a bit hard to find.

• 5th Nov 2012

Ciarus

Strasbourg, France

Average hostel near the heart of Strasbourg. The service was very average but they were willing to answer my questions when I had some. Perhaps more focused on large groups (like school groups and but tours)I felt that they did not cater very well to individuals.

• 20th Oct 2012

Éthic étapes Patrick Varangot

Saint Malo, France

This hostel was nice and very well located. The staff helped whenever I had questions/ problems.

• 15th Oct 2012
  • Globetrotter

A nice hostel with very friendly staff. Very big and modern. Reasonably clean. There were lots of mosquitos in the dorm rooms though. Location is a bit out of town but its easy to find from the Metro.

• 13th Oct 2012
  • Globetrotter

A well located hostel with clean rooms and facilities. However you are required to be back at the hostel between 11am and 10pm renew the key for the room which was sometimes very inconvenient.

• 13th Aug 2012

Guesthouse Tamura

Nara, Japan

Fantastic Guesthouse with lots of character and in a very good location. The staff were very friendly. The rooms are clean and cosy and the house has a very welcoming, Japanese feel to it.

• 12th Aug 2012

Sakai GH

Osaka, Japan

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The hostel has a nice atmosphere and was kept clean. However it is very far away from Osaka Station so it takes a while to get places.

• 5th Aug 2012
  • Globetrotter

Very helpful staff. Clean and cheap. Would definitely stay there again.

• 29th Jun 2012