Academy Hostel

Florence, Italy

Good location & clean hostel. The staff were not very friendly or helpful when I asked questions or suggestions of things to do.

• 31st Jul 2013

Reading all the reviews you left on Hostelworld it is clear that you have problems.

Youth Hostel Oia

Santorini, Greece

Great place to stay. Only problems were wifi wasn't free (€2)

• 15th Jul 2013

HelloBCN Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

A nice clean, secure hostel. A little way from the main attractions but easy enough walk. Would have liked more suggestions from the staff about what to do in Barcelona.

• 22nd Apr 2013

Sarah, I'm sorry to hear that you felt you didn't receive enough suggestions from staff on what to do in Barcelona. Our staff are always ready to offer our guests advice on great things to do. We also have information located in the reception area, on each of the floors next to the lift and in the stairwell on the things that we feel our guest will enjoy. Perhaps you caught the receptionist when they were busy but we always invite guests to come back when the reception is a little calmer.

Home Backpackers

Valencia, Spain

A nice place to stay. I would have liked it if the staff were more knowledgable/ had suggestions about what to do around the area.

• 20th Apr 2013

A nice hostel but a bit further out of town than I was expecting. A tram ride or half hour spot into the old town/ nightspots and further to the beach. The shuttle bus was helpful but I would stay closer next time. The walking tour was good & facilities at the hostel good too.

• 9th Apr 2013

Edinburgh Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

I stayed in one of the rooms with an ensuite & had no hot water during my stay! When I let the front desk know I was advised to use the communal ones & am still waiting to hear back from them about a refund. Otherwise it was lovely.

• 7th Oct 2012

Brussels Hello Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

I stayed out of the main hostel building which I didn't feel as secure in. The breakfast wasn't very nice but I guess ok for the cheap price of the accommodation- I just went out instead of eating in. I didn't find the staff very helpful with local information or tips.

• 6th Jul 2012