Hostel One Sants

Barcelona, Spain

No major problems. Hard to find an empty shower at times, and not hot water - lukewarm showers.

• 6th Sep 2013

Hostella Female Only

Rome, Italy

Great hostel - was my second time staying there. Friendly staff, good kitchens, a/c, close to train station

• 3rd Sep 2013
  • New Zealand

Great hostel - more like a hotel. TV in room (twin private), nice bathroom, etc.

• 30th Aug 2013

Old Prague Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

Nice hostel, but we weren't too happy about having to change rooms part way through our stay. They need to organise their bookings better.

• 28th Aug 2013

Embassie Liverpool Backpackers

Liverpool, England

Embassie Hostel is a little worn, but you really can't fault the facilities. The wifi works on every floor, the hostel owner is really friendly and spins a great yarn, and the showers are good. Only thing is the city centre is about a 15 minute walk away, but it's not a problem - it's a nice walk.

Vagabonds

Belfast, Northern Ireland

I loved Vagabonds, great facilities, helpful and friendly staff. Only downside, lockers are besically cages which you lock to your bed - not quite as secure as I would like. Also rooms require more power points. Excellent decor and modern bathrooms

Jacobs Inn

Dublin, Ireland

The pros of Jacobs Inn are: lifts, free breakfast, 24 hour reception, helpful staff Cons: wifi only in lobby, no lockers, not enough power points in the rooms. The hostel was fine, but I was glad to only be staying 2 nights

I enjoyed my stay at Barnacles. There were 2 main cons - the noise at night (the window near my head was directly over a street lined with pubs) I know there is little Barnacles can do about this - except maybe air conditioning so we can sleep with the windows shut- but you should be aware! The other was the lockers - they were just cages locked to the beds. I'd prefer a solid locker. Also they were too small for many pieces of luggage. The bathrooms and kitchens were nice, wifi on the groundfl

Kinlay House Cork

Cork, Ireland

Cons - no lift - I was on the top (3rd/4th?) floor, shakey wifi, unfriendly and unhelpful staff member when I arrived (night shift), no lockers. Pros - light breakfast, big kitchen to prepare meals, nice view from window!

U Hostels

Madrid, Spain

This is truely a fantastic hostel. Big, bright and lovely to stay in. Great location, comfy beds, excellent showers, friendly staff, good kitchen. I will be back :)

Riad Massin

Marrakech, Morocco

Riad Massin was quite good. Wifi, towels included, 2 euro breakfasts. My main problem was that there were no lockers or locks for the door. Private rooms could be padlocked, but as I was in a shared room there was no way of locking it. Also, every time I wanted to go to the hostel I had to go to the sister hostel around the corner and ask them to let me in as there were no keys to the hostel. However, the 2 guys who run the hostel were extremely helpful and friendly. They made my stay great :)

Feel Hostels Soho Malaga

Malaga, Spain

I liked this hostel - only problem was that I couldn't get any breakfast as I was checking out too early :( The room was fine and they gave me a padlock for the locker as I didn't have one. Good value for money!

I have two small complaints about Albergue Inturjoven de la Creatividad Córdoba. We booked a 3 bed family room, but when we arrived the receptionist told us we were in a 4 bed room and might have to chare with a fourth person. Luckily this did not happen, but I would not have been happy if it had. Also we arrived back one day to find our room door (which we had locked) wide open. Nothing was stolen so I assume cleaning staff had failed to close the door. Other than that our stay was good.

• 7th Dec 2012

Hostella Female Only

Rome, Italy

I really liked this hostel. It was clean, it had air conditoning, great facilities, wifi and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

The only problem was that there was no wifi, and it was impossible to connect to the citys wifi network.

The hostel needs either luggage lockers or a luggage storage room. Also needs better signage - its hard to find!

Albergue Zaragoza Hostel

Zaragoza, Spain

A fantastic hostel, great location and facilities.