Reviews: quibbbs0

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 34

Maleku Hostel

Alajuela, Costa Rica

This was my second stay at Maleku. The first time I was there, there was hardly anyone there. This time, it was much more busy with a lot of people cooking. There's also an awesome pizza place (Ragu) in walking distance that they can probably point you to. I didn't spend much time in Alajuela so I can't speak a lot to the location but it is super close to airport. If you are thinking of going to San Jose after flying in, consider this place instead as it is much closer than San Jose.

Hostel Vista Serena

Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

Awesome hostel with great view of sunsets. Got the 4 person AC room which worked really well. Nice social area on the back porch/deck where the kitchen is. You can walk to the grocery store, restaurants of all types (sodas, chinese, pizza, seafood), and laundry if necessary. Would definitely stay here again.

Cuesta Arriba

Santa Teresa, Costa Rica

This was a nice place with a good kitchen and fridges for everyone's stuff. The staff (owners?) were very nice and helpful. The place is close to the beach, a supermarket and a few sodas so everything you need is accessible. The dorm room was spacious although I had trouble sleeping at night due to the heat/humidity since the fans were shared (only rotated and couldn't be pointed directly at an individual bed). That's my only mark against the rating here...more fans would fix this.

Blue Trailz Hostel & Surf Camp

Tamarindo, Costa Rica

Best place I stayed while in CR. 200% would stay here again. Nice social hangout area. I think one night almost every person from the entire hostel was sitting at a group of tables together. Good security at gate @night. The door/lock on the door to our dorm (lower floor/left room) room wasn't functional so it would be nice if they fixed that but honestly, just lock up your stuff in the lockers if you have stuff you are worried about. The AC in the room was key for a great night's sleep.

Thank you for your review and great to hear you had a great time. We are happy to tell you that we will be installing brand new doors and locks to all the rooms in the next week. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Monteverde Backpackers

Monteverde, Costa Rica

Great place close to town and next to the supermarket. Kitchen is available for cooking breakfast (eggs are even provided). Each room has a key so the security is good in that regard. There's also a night watch person to keep their eye on things. Would stay here again. Regarding the tours - definitely do the zipline/canopy tour. Free transportation and same $ as showing up to company on your own . Superman/Tarzan were great. Hanging bridges -- meh....would skip if I could do it over.

Hi, Thanks for staying with us and glad to know that ou liked our place, welcome back anytime and we are here to help people and make sure everyine enjoy the must. Thanks!

Arenal Backpackers Resort

La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Stayed in private room which was basically just a hotel room. Remote controlled AC, spacious bathroom and shower and room. Little more expensive than staying in shared but it was a good choice for that piece of the trip. Very close to town. Nice pool and bar area for socializing. Beers were well priced ($2). Only had one issue in which I added a night and paid cash and they didn't have record of it so my room wouldn't open. They corrected the issue though which was good.

Maleku Hostel

Alajuela, Costa Rica

Extremely close to airport. I recommend booking this place, not one in San Jose if you are looking for something close to the airport. I stayed here my first and last nights in CR and had no issues. Bathrooms are clean and spacious for showering comfortably. Rooms/beds are good size and comfortable. I guess the only "strange" thing that happened was having to wake the overnight person up at 5am to unlock the door from the inside so I could leave to drive to the airport. No big deal though.

City Hostel Geneva

Geneva, Switzerland

Good place to stay for the night. Definitely has more of that factory hostel feel in that it seems pretty big. That wasn't a problem, just an observation. Big lockers for day storage. Fridges actually have individual lockers inside of them too which is a first I've seen that. Internet is good. Location isn't great but isn't awful either. You can walk or take the tram 10 minutes into the centre. Also don't forget about the boat rides as they are part of the free transportation.

Great hostel, nice facilities, great bar. Bathroom is separated from shower which makes it nice for sharing the room. There's also bathrooms outside the room if you need them (no showers). It's about 10-15 minute walk from the Eiffel tower and then also just a minute or two from the metro if you don't feel like walking. All in all, I would definitely stay here again.

hi Jon thank you for your great comment Just as info for yournext stay, we do have outside room showers for people that need it and fir early check ins ( before) we hope to see you back very soon till next, we wish you great travels best regards 3 ducks hostel team

Youthhostel Zurich

Zurich, Switzerland

Excellent hostel. Very clean, nice large lobby. Internet only works in lobby but that's ok...gets you out of the room I suppose. Plenty of facilities and they were very clean. There was no AC in the room but fortunately it was cool and not necessary. The only mark I put as "good" instead of "excellent" was because of location. However, the tram is easily accessible and requires only maybe 10 minutes to get there. Super easy to use tram system so don't let the map ruin it.

The hostel was great. Very clean, nice bar, good beds with 2 pillows, pretty fair amount of showers which seemed to be available if I needed one. The terrace/bar is a great meeting spot. They also let me store my bag all day while I waited for my 1:20 am flight back home. I think the only complaint I'd really have is that the Internet is on and off. Maybe just too many people on it? It also didn't seem to work super well from my room but near the bar 70-80% usually OK.

Kokopelli Hostel Paracas

Paracas, Peru

Bar/lounge area was awesome. The hostel is right up against the beach so there's not far to go to get there. The "town" is just a minute away and walkable in about 10 minutes. Lots of food options very close there. Loved the fact that there were individual charger plugs in each bed and the beds were separated by walls so you didn't feel like your feet were up against someone's head. The showers were hot but not always available since there are few. Would def stay here again. Loved the bar

Hostal Sol de Oro

Arequipa, Peru

This place was great. Nice common area to meet people. Close to the city square but not too close as it is quiet at night. I would definitely stay here again. Very helpful in getting my bus ticket out of Arequipa too.

Inka's Rest

Puno, Peru

The location was OK. Just a few minutes walk to the touristy strip and cathedral. The Wi-Fi worked well. Showers were readily available. Unfortunately, I felt like a was a nuisance to the check-in lady who I assume is the owner. I didn't have issues with the other staff but felt like I must have offended her somehow. I would not stay here again based solely on her. Also, it's undergoing major renovations and it is noisy. They also smoke inside the hostel hallway which I could smell in my room.

Conde de Lemos Inn

Puno, Peru

This is an actual hotel. It was pretty nice to have a night of privacy in the middle of all of the hosteling. There are computers which seemed to work OK. Wi-Fi was OK but I had to stand near the door in my room to have it work. Location is perfect as it is right near the main cathedral and the tourist strip. Beds were comfortable and the showers were good too. I ended up having trouble sleeping though and I don't know if it was the elevation or the dog that was barking the entire night.

After going on the Inca Trail, I came back and had just as great of an experience as I did the first time. They held my luggage for me while I did the trail and it was a smooth process. I also requested a room change to a 4 person after booking a private room which they did without issue. This was primarily due to the fact that I was so comfortable in the 4 person rooms.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. The rooms were clean, spacious, and the hostel itself was so quiet at night which was great since I was relaxing before the Inca trail and not out partying. The Wi-Fi was probably the best I've had in a hostel. Breakfast was great, staff was very nice. It's a bit further away than the in-town hostels but it's just a 10 minute walk. It is worth the walk too as I met people that stayed in actual hotels near town and said it was ridiculous trying to sleep.

This was a private room which was nice to have coming in on my late flight. They arranged my airport pickup which was pretty easy....$10 payable to the hostel, not the driver. Did the trick but I didn't really run into anyone or have time to meet anyone due to leaving for Cusco the next morning. Staff was very friendly.

Pocitos Hostel

Montevideo, Uruguay

Great place to stay! Nice kitchen and common area and comfortable beds. It was a little outside of the main area in Ciudad Vieja so you'd need to take a bus but I think that's also what made it safer. There wasn't a whole lot in the area in terms of bars when we went looking around 1:00 AM except for this place 21. There is a supermarket 1 street away which is really convenient. Cold shower was a downer but I understand there is a trick to getting the warm water so be sure to ask about it.

Terrazas Estoril

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Had a great stay here and would go back. Rooms were comfortable and plenty of space to hang out. Terrace was really nice but it was mostly cold out so was unusable most of the time. The location is unbeatable. The hostel is the same as the one on the separate floors below it so you can go down to the main floor to hang out as well as them come up. 1 weird thing staying on the 6th floor was that you had to be let in (ok) and out (?). No buzzer system so you were literally locked in.

great place overall! great staff, good common area with a nice kitchen and dining area, plenty of seating/couches for talking with others. no bunks in any rooms (I dont think) and plenty of space. nice lockers, great location, good community vibe. only slightly tricky to find from the train station but overall wasn't too hard if you follow the "keep fountain on right of you and pass citibank" instructions. I would definitely stay here again without a doubt. Fun pub crawl too!

Ostello Bello

Milan, Italy

Other than being slightly difficult to find, the place was great. I stayed in an 8 person room and didn't really feel crammed. The downstairs bar and basement bar were great places to hang out. Even Milano locals come in to hang out they like the bar so much. Honestly I thought it was more busy there than the other "bars" I went to. Lots of instruments downstairs for spontaneous jam sessions if you play at all. A criticism I might make is that one bathroom ensuite for 8 is sometimes rough.

My Friends

Florence, Italy

You won't find a more accommodating hostel. It actually felt a bit more like a B&B. Both of the owners are great and super helpful and accommodating. Very close to the train station, a laundry facility, and basically the entire town square so you can't beat it on many fronts. If I go back to Florence, I'd stay here 100% for sure. Coming out groggy eyed on New Years Day to a cup of coffee and breakfast was a treat. Don't hesitate, stay here!! It's very clean too!

The Yellow

Rome, Italy

very close to train station and easy to find. I found the bar to be pretty active. The six person dorm was roomy enough but the showers were pretty small. Overall an OK stay

The Garden Backpacker

Seville, Spain

I had a bad experience in Malaga and actually loved it here so much, I came back and stayed again instead of staying in Malaga. Great place!!

From the moment I checked in, I didn't feel quite comfortable here. They used the paper business card method for your "key" to the place and there are no locks on the doors inside. The shower was pretty cramped and the shower mat was soaked. There were ants in the common area on the floor and the Internet dropped a lot. This is definitely not a 10 minute walk to the city center as advertised. I walked it twice and it was over 30 minutes. I paid for 4 nights and left after my first night.

360 Hostel Centro

Madrid, Spain

Great location, however, it was pretty noisy at night outside the rooms and you had to keep the window doors open because there was no AC in the room. Plenty of computers to use. The one thing I didn't like was how it was broken down into two floors which kinda separated the people in the hostel. However, you can still meet down in the main floor for the pub crawls, etc, which turned out to be worthwhile. Showers were a little cramped but did the trick.

Granada Inn Backpackers

Granada, Spain

Aside from the fact you had bunk beds in the room and were sharing the room with others, it was pretty much like staying in a hotel. I've been in actual hotels that didn't compare to this place. Some of the loft style beds were pretty big. The bathroom was very up to date and clean as well. Can't recommend this place enough. Absolutely would look to stay here again if I get back to Granada

The Garden Backpacker

Seville, Spain

Nice rooms, decent beds, excellent common area (bar) for meeting others. 4 computers for Internet was a bonus to make plans for the next place. Bathroom situation was good as you could actually get an entire bathroom/shower to yourself if it was available. Would definitely stay here again if I am back in Sevilla

Hostel One Paralelo

Barcelona, Spain

Best hostel I ever stayed at. I started off my travels in Spain here and it set the tone for the rest of the trip. Excellent staff, clean rooms, great social area. They cook you dinner every night which was awesome for meeting others at the hostel. It also wasn't a huge place so you got to know most of the people that were staying there. My only regret about this place is that I didn't stay longer.

Hostel the Globe Center

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I didn't think the place itself was bad but the entry method into the rooms was weird. You basically have to keep track of a little business card and that's your access to the room. If you have that, you can get access to the key to the room from the front desk, if someone in your room doesn't already have it. I was a ilttle confused about how that process worked but the last person in the room was supposed to return the key to the front desk? I guess I still don't know.

Flying Pig Downtown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Location was great, environment was pretty good in the bar area for meeting people. Pretty loud so a little difficult to hear people at times but pretty good overall. Secure lockers under the beds were nice. Would probably stay here again.